Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    jamesd

Hiya Pauline,

That's a shame BUT you sound like a women on a mission......So we all look forward to hearing from you again...

Take care

Jamesd

paulineshelley

Hi Jamesd
    It might take a while for me to get a day in London, in fact, I think it would be best to stay up there for a couple of days.
    Finding it hard at the moment as I am a professional house sitter and very busy at the moment. Should slow down a bit towards the winter and I will be on the Quest to find some pics of Quinn Sq Blds.
    If anyone finds the film mentioned of the buildings I would love to know where to get on.
    Best wishes
    Pauline

mickm

hi pauline you will find o lucky man on u tube. idont think its the one in waterloo. they dident have skylights on the roof.?

mickm

Default quinns sq buildings, waterloo rd se1

hi isent you an email 2 days ago idont know if you got it ihavent got one back.???

redpataf

It definitly is O lucky man that was filmed there as I was in some of the crowd shots. When I moved out from the building I only moved to the otherside of the ambmbulance station into greet house. Word went around that they were filming in the buildings and that they were looking for extras for crowd sceenes so all the kids and a lot of parents went around to the buildings. Maybe they used a different location for the roof sceenes as I do agree there were no sky ights on the roof as I remeber.

mickm

hi ithink its queens buildings at the borough.on the roof. you can see the train going over the viaducte? i went many time round the roof. to call on mates. i lived on top floor of caretakers block. and never saw any skylights.mick mc connell. p.s do i know you im 67 now. i new the strongs. buicks. smiths. pullens. cambells. and many more.

paulineshelley

Quote Originally Posted by mickm View Post
    hi ithink its queens buildings at the borough.on the roof. you can see the train going over the viaducte? i went many time round the roof. to call on mates. i lived on top floor of caretakers block. and never saw any skylights.mick mc connell. p.s do i know you im 67 now. i new the strongs. buicks. smiths. pullens. cambells. and many more.
    Hi Mick
    Sorry I haven't been in touch sooner. I do a lot of house sitting now and have just returned from a 'sit'. Being busy with that I have also not been on this site for ages.
    I certainly can't remember any skylights in Quinn Buildings or any in Queen's Buildings come to that. I will see what you directed me to on UTube as I would very much like to see that film.
    None of my family lived in Quinn Buildings. My grandmother lived over the shops in Waterloo Rd, but I did know Lil Strong and her daughter Ray who lived in Quinns - you say you knew the Strongs. The Buildings should not have been pulled down.
    Best wishes Pauline

paulineshelley

Quote Originally Posted by paulineshelley View Post
    Hi Jamesd
    It might take a while for me to get a day in London, in fact, I think it would be best to stay up there for a couple of days.
    Finding it hard at the moment as I am a professional house sitter and very busy at the moment. Should slow down a bit towards the winter and I will be on the Quest to find some pics of Quinn Sq Blds.
    If anyone finds the film mentioned of the buildings I would love to know where to get on.
    Best wishes
    Pauline
    Hi James
    I have not been on this site since speaking to you last. I got a bit involved with house sitting - a great occupation for the retired.
    So I have not done any more research, but Mick, who has joined the forum here seems to be interested and may have some good memories of the Buildings
    Regards Pauline

jamesd

Hi Pauline,

Thank you, I just replied to his thread. Has anyone got any pics ??????????????????

James

paulineshelley

Hi Mick
    Great news that you have managed to get hold of a copy of the film. I will wait to see your reaction when you have watched it to decide if it is worth buying - hope you enjoy it
    Regards Pauline

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast