Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Colin Rowledge

Thanks olliecat for bringing this thread up - I couldn't find it originally.

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Jellylegs View Post
    If this is your chap, then there is a possible Church christening on the FamilySearch Beta site. Samuel ROWLIDGE - christened 01.12.1766, Lawford, Warwick, England. Parents John ROWLIDGE and Frances.

I am absolutely useless at Geography , so don't know if the places are too far apart for it to be your chap.
    This may well fit given that some of the Rowlege's in later years went to Birmingham.

English geography, even when I lived in England was never a strong point.

Colin

Colin Rowledge

So what do I know for sure about Samuel?

He is my 4X gt-grandfather and marrrried Ann Woods on November 15, 1793, in Harefield, Middlesex.
    Ann was of the parrish, while Samuel was not, but there was an indication that he was from Rickmansworth. 1841 censue confirms that he was not born there. I have no idea about where Ann was born

By the early 1800's they moved back to Rickmansworth, where my 3XGGF was born and baptised on April 8, 1810. His name was Robert

Robert had a son - John who married in 1870. John was a General labourer, in London when he married. Somehow, John was convinced to move to Birmingham, Warwickshire by early in 1871 and lived in Birmingham for over 6 years.

While this is not conclusive, it does open the possibility that the birth/baptism in Lawford is the right one

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234