June Beddows.

Default June Beddows searching for Mary Brennan.

I am searching for my great grandmother Mary Brennan, born Kilkenny Island about 1851, married John Fawcett Lyon in Queensland Australia. Any information about her would be greatly apreciated, june

Procat

Hi June,

I have moved your post from Introduce Yourself to the Ireland/County Kilkenny forum. I assume you meant Kilkenny Ireland in your post and that you are looking for her Irish heritage. If I am incorrect please let me know.

Procat

Have you got her marriage certificate to John Lyon? It would show the names of her parents which would assist. I note also that the QLD BMD index records her as Maria when she married. Her death certificate should state the length of time in Australia/Qld which could help to narrow things down.

June Beddows.

Sorry but I do not have her Marriage Cert but my cousin sent me a part of a print out with the following particulars on it,Mary-Maria Brennan born 1853,Kilkenny Kik,Irl,(daughter of Patrick Brennan and Margaret Purcell) married John Fawcett Lyon on 3-8-1877,in Charters Towers Qld, Aust.died on 27-7-1907 in Cawarral,Qld, Aust. Mary- Maria arrived in Qld about 1874. This is all i have of her, thank you heaps for your help, regards, June

Procat

Hi June,

Have a look at the "stickies" for Irish Records here.

June Beddows.

Default Mary Maria Brennan

I am searching for information of my great grandmother Mary _Maria Brennan daughter of Thomas Brennan and Margaret Purcell . she married John Fawcett Lyon in Charters Towers Queensland Australia on august 1 1877 i believe she was born in county kenny Irland but i have no knowledge of the date. any help would be much apreciated
    june beddows

Brick wall demolition expert!

As you already have a thread on this topic, I have moved your new post to the end of your existing thread, just so we can keep all the information in one place.

Also, since your original thread was placed in the Kilkenny county-wide forum and your new post was placed in the Kerry county-wide forum, for now I have moved your thread to the General Irish Family History Forum, until her birth place is clarified.

Could you also clarify whether her father's name is Thomas or Patrick?

June Beddows.

dear olliecat, thank you for your reply. Mary-Maria Brennan was born in Kilkenny, Ki,Irl to Patrick Brennan and Margaret Purcell in 1853 i believe. hope this helps.regards june

Brick wall demolition expert!

Hi June

I have moved your thread back to the Kilkenny county-wide forum. As a suggestion, have you searched the Irish Family History Foundation site for a baptism for Mary-Maria Brennan? I ran a quick search specifying the parents as Patrick and Margaret and there appeared to be a couple of potential matches. You can search for free but you need to pay to view the records.

www.
    rootsireland.ie

June Beddows.

Maria Brennan born c1853 Kilkenny Kik,Irl, daughter of PatrickBrennan and Margaret PURCELL died 27-07-1907, Cawarral, Qld, Aus. married John Fawcett LYON 03-08-1877 at Chaters Towers Qld, Aus, i hope this helps, regards June