Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Petles

Default Caroline Mander & John Bartlett

Hi can anyone help, I am trying to find the Birth/Baptism of Caroline Mander Born abt 1807 in Avon Dasset, Warwickshire, and John Bartlett Born abt 1811 from Kineton,Oxfordshire. They married in parish St Mary, Banbury 13 Aug 1833.

Petles

Reputation beyond repute

Kineton,Oxfordshire
    Kineton, Warwickshire, surely?

Petles

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    Kineton, Warwickshire, surely?
    Ooooops my error is should read Warwickshire - Thanks

Petles

Reputation beyond repute

There are a lot of MANDERs in Banbury in the 1841 census! Are there any more clues from the marriage entry? Names of witnesses?

From your location, you would probably get a lot out of a day in London split between the Mormon London centre and the Society of Genealogists.

janbooth

Don't know if you have the full details of the marriage entry, but in case not courtesy of Oxfordshire FHS PR Transcripts of Banbury:

13 August 1833 at St Mary, Banbury John BARTLETT, bachelor, of the parish married Caroline MANDER, spinster of Avon Dasset, Warwicks by licence. Witnesses: James JONES, Sarah HARRISON, Anna COOPER & Robert MANDER.

From Register of Births & Baptisms of the children of Methodists in the vicinity of the town of Banbury:

20 July 1834 George BARTLETT son of John & Caroline, Wesleyan Methodists, Neithrop, Carpenter (born 11 June 1834)
    20 May 1836 Sarah Ann BARTLETT daughter John & Caroline, Carpenter, parish of Bloxham (born 8 April 1836)
    6 July 1838 William BARTLETT son John & Caroline, Carpenter, Bloxham (born 28 June)
    9 August 1840 Selina BARTLETT daughter John, Carpenter of Bloxham & Caroline who was the daughter of William & Sarah MAUNDER (born 17 June 1840)
    4 November 1842 Louisa BARTLETT daughter John & Caroline, Carpenter, Bloxham (born 18 September)

Janet

janbooth

Default BARTLETT family

Further to the above, from the Oxfordshire FHS PR Transcripts of Bloxham:

18 December 1858 Caroline BARTLETT buried, aged 51, Bloxham
    12 August 1863 John BARTLETT buried, aged 55, Bloxham

Janet

Petles

Hi Janet,

Many thanks for the information on the marriage details, I did actually have some of the information but its always good to have a second viewing. The bit I am really stuck on is the birth for Caroline, other than knowing it was abt 1807 in Avon Dasset.

I can see if all else fails it might be a trip to the Warwickshire records office.

Kind Regards Peter

Petles

Peter,

Janet has provided much of all the information that I have below, including witness details etc, my guess is the only way to find the birth for Caroline Mander is from the Parish records in Warwickshire, unless someone knows better.

Peter

janbooth

Peter,

It is interesting that William & Sarah MANDER had 4 other children baptised in Avon Dasset between 1794 and 1804 according to Hugh Wallis's IGI site and then nothing although the records go up to beyond 1812 and Caroline was born c1807. I wonder if they perhaps converted to Wesleyan or some other form of Methodism and you should be looking for Non-Comformist baptisms given that John & Caroline's children were baptised as Wesleyan Methodists - just a thought.

Janet

Petles

Janet,

Many thanks for your thoughts and information, I never knew of the Hugh Wallis's IGI site, which would appear another good source of information. I have used the main parent site but this is quite a nice format for searching. I like the idea of the possible Wesleyan Methodist connection, If I get no further leads, a bit later in the year I will visit the Warwickshire records office and see what I can find.

Thanks again for your assistannce
    Kind Regards Peter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast