Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bettyanne

Default Dinah Hoodlass= John Hunter

These were my great great grandparents Dinah came from Barrow on Humber and John from Bonby, he worked on the railways.John born about 1800 and of marriiage?

Marriage 3 Jan 1837 at Barrow (6 months too early for a marriage certificate)
    John HUNTER (wid) to Dinah HOODLASS

Possibly ... marriage 10 May 1825 at Barrow
    John HUNTER to Sarah WEST

Burial 19 June 1835 at Barrow, Sarah WEST (34)

Bettyanne

Thanks for the info, as a matter of interest where did you get this? I have looked at my usual sources and have come up with nothing. Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Bettyanne View Post
    I have looked at my usual sources and have come up with nothing.
    I think it's time you discovered FreeREG! https://freereg.rootsweb.com/

Fiona67

My poor geography is showing again :-) but........ also on Freereg are 2 possible baptisms for John Hunter ... 1 in 1798 in Redbourne and another one in 1797 in Metheringham. Maybe that will help

Regards
    Fiona

Hello there,
    I have found out that this John Hunter was my 3x Great Grandad. I am descended from this John Hunter, through Martha Maria Hunter. She was born in Barrow, Lincolnshire, in 1845. From John previous marriage to Sarah West in Barrow in 1825, I believe he had three children:
    John Hunter b. 1829
    William Hunter b. 1831
    Mary Jane Hunter b. 1833.
    William Hunter became a Master tailor in Goole. I'm not sure about the other two from his marriage to Sarah West though. There was a Harriet Hunter who was born in 1858 I believe from this John Hunter. He was not in the 1861 Census. In the 1861 Census, one of Martha's Sisters is staying in Goole, with her half brother William.Their mother, Dinah stayed at home back in Barrow, with: Alfred T Hunter, Elizabeth Hunter, and Harriet, who were some of Martha's brothers and sisters. I think that Dinah may have remarried some time to a Thomas Andrew, but not sure of the date.
    Does anyone have a date for when this John Hunter died please? I would be very grateful if anyone could give me information on this. It obviously must have been between 1858-1861, but just would be nice to know.Also does anyone please have any information about who this John Hunter's parents were please, or any information about his brothers or sisters?

Thank you very much.

Loves to help with queries

There are a number of John Hunters buried in the area, but the only one that fits is :-
    Barnetby le Wold St Mary
    1859 Oct 7 John HUNTER aged 60
    Source = Lincolnshire FHS Burial CD Grimsby & Cleethorpes, Haverstoe, Manlake, Westwold & Yarborough Deaneries
    1813-1900.
    And of course Barnetby had a railway station.

Loves to help with queries

Well, upon enquiring, there is lots to get your teeth into. Firstly Ancestry have a ?birth listed for Bonby.
    1799 Oct 27 John Hunter son of John & Grace.
    Also they list a Probate for John Hunter died 4th October 1859 proved 28th Aug 1865.
    Also they list Railway employees.
    Manchester, Sheffield and Lincolnshire Company from 1847.
    1849 Apr 1 John Hunter porter at Holton
    1858 May 12 appointed gateman at Barnetby at 12/- per week.

Quote Originally Posted by burt View Post
    Well, upon enquiring, there is lots to get your teeth into. Firstly Ancestry have a ?birth listed for Bonby.
    1799 Oct 27 John Hunter son of John & Grace.
    Also they list a Probate for John Hunter died 4th October 1859 proved 28th Aug 1865.
    Also they list Railway employees.
    Manchester, Sheffield and Lincolnshire Company from 1847.
    1849 Apr 1 John Hunter porter at Holton
    1858 May 12 appointed gateman at Barnetby at 12/- per week.
    Thank you very much for this information. So it seems that John and Grace were this John Hunter's mother and father. Do you have any idea what is in the probate please?
    John's daughter Martha Maria Hunter, my 2x Great Grandma, married George Dean in 1866. George Dean was an "Engine (Train)Driver".

Thanks.

Bettyanne

Hello Just found out about your enquiries. John Hunter Senior was the father of my 2nd great grandfather who was John Hunter born 1800 in Bonby married to Dinah Hoodless, Father to my grandmother Sarah Hunter born 1839 who married my grandfather Alfred Hunter Hockney. John senior was married to Grace Wilson they had 9 children,of course which included John born 1800. This John was a railway worker. Let me know if I can help you in any way. Regards Beth Hancock nee Hockney

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast