Knowledgeable and helpful

Default 1939 Marriage - GRETTON/COUSINS - Cardiff?

I am trying to establish the whereabouts of my grand-parents, Frederick and Mabel Saunders, in the Cardiff area around 1930.

I have a photograph of them taken after their return to Torquay together with Walter Roy Gretton and Ethel M Cousins. This was taken on their honeymoon after the marriage of Roy and Ethel on 24 June 1939. According to the inscription on the photograph, the Cousins were neighbours of my grand-parents in Cardiff.

I have no interest in the Gretton/Cousin line. I am only looking for information about where they lived in Cardiff(possibly Llandaff area) so that I know where to focus my search for my grand-parents.
    Last edited by brentor boy; 13-02-2010 at 10:19 AM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by brentor boy View Post
    I am trying to establish the whereabouts of my grand-parents, Frederick and Mabel Saunders, in the Cardiff area around 1930.

I have a photograph of them taken after their return to Torquay together with Walter Roy Gretton and Ethel M Cousins. This was taken on their honeymoon after the marriage of Roy and Ethel on 24 June 1939. According to the inscription on the photograph, the Cousins were neighbours of my grand-parents in Cardiff.

I have no interest in the Gretton/Cousin line. I am only looking for information about where they lived in Cardiff(possibly Llandaff area) so that I know where to focus my search for my grand-parents.
    Good morning

I have today 1st June 2017 joined this website.

The above query, Walter Roy Gretton (known as Roy) was my uncle although many years passed away.
    They lived in Llanbedr Road, Fairwater.

If any further depth of information is required, I suggest contact with their son who lives in Llancarfan, near Cardiff. .
    Good luck

Regards

Andrew Gretton

Hello Andrew and welcome to the British-Genealogy forums
    We do not allow details of living people to be posted on Brit-Gen so I have removed the name and email address of the person which you posted.
    If anyone is interested in following up on your suggestion they can send you a private message requesting the information. This is done by clicking on the posters avator and then clicking on Private Message from the drop down menu.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs