Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Oh, no wonder I couldn't guess who it was to start with. I didn't realise that we were supposed to enter some/part of Mutley's original clues into a search engine.
    Pam

p.s. - and very off-topic - but have you seen size of the smilies in the list to the right of the 'reply' box? The one in particular looks so funny.

ET in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Oh, no wonder I couldn't guess who it was to start with. I didn't realise that we were supposed to enter some/part of Mutley's original clues into a search engine.
    Pam

p.s. - and very off-topic - but have you seen size of the smilies in the list to the right of the 'reply' box? The one in particular looks so funny.
    Definitely not the large print edition ! I also like the little pin heads jumping around.

RobinC

Has the deadline passed?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Has the deadline passed?
    From Mutley's orginal post

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    PM Mutley with your answers (click on my user name) by the closing date of
    12.00 a.m. GMT Saturday 20 February.

Once the competition has closed I will attempt to copy all your replies to a new thread and the winner will be announced.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

RobinC

I saw that but am wondering if it means midnight just gone or midnight coming up?

Mutley

Entries will still be accepted up to 12.00 midday today GMT. A couple of more hours are left to have a go.

At some point later today or tomorrow, all the correct entries will be posted on the forum. Many of them are so good it will be extremely hard to choose the winners.

Mutley

Time is up so I will now close this thread.

Thank you to all who took the time to take part, we hope you enjoyed it and found it interesting, we certainly enjoyed reading the replies to Question 2. The Mods are busy ticking the boxes in a grand Poll created by Sue Mackay.

I think I can tell you that the answer to Question 1 is:

George Herbert Leigh-Mallory

Keep an eye open for a new thread containing all the correct entries with their replies to Question 2 and, of course, the names of two successful entrants. I won't call them the winners because I think that you all can claim that title.

The Reply Thread can be found by clicking on George.
    Last edited by Mutley; 21-02-2010 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Added a link to the replies

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345