Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    JAP1

Quote Originally Posted by susan-y View Post

I read the 1st question and the immediate answer I had was.." Well, if YOU don't know your full name how can I figure it out?" ...
    Sue, that was exactly my reaction!

Vanessa, 4000 posts (!!!) and you don't know that beekeeper-extraordinaire Ed was a big rough New Zealander, born and bred!
    Get Googling.

A Yes/No answer to Q2 seems perhaps easy (or maybe the answer is perhaps yes or perhaps no) ...

But how to address the following from Mutley:
    The most convincing answer to the second question will be the tie breaker that decides the winner.
    So it's like all those competitions (not simple at all!) which ask a few obvious questions and then - only THEN - ask one to describe in a few words why one should win ...

A CONVINCING answer?? Help!!

This requires thought, creativity, and literary construction.

I think that I'll go back to watching the Winter Olympics.

JAP

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by JAP1
    A CONVINCING answer?? Help!!
    Poor Jap...................So near, yet so far! Perhaps that's what the person subject to this competition said??

You'll have to take it one step at a time - but which step?? ( very slightly cryptic clue there to those who may want to enter).

v.wells

I am going back to watch the Olympics too! :0

pipsqueak

This isn't easy. I've been on it for days now and getting nowhere. It's probably something really obvious and I'm trying way too hard... I am enjoying the Olympics though, despite NBC's touchy-feely coverage. :

v.wells

I don't like competitions - someone always has to come last

Mutley

Quote Originally Posted by pipsqueak View Post
    This isn't easy. I've been on it for days now and getting nowhere. It's probably something really obvious and I'm trying way too hard... I am enjoying the Olympics though, despite NBC's touchy-feely coverage. :
    The power of google is a wonderful thing, so my grandson tells me. He and his little friend, minnie the mouse, stick everything into google and his homework is a doddle these days.

The Olympics must have an advert break, that is more than enough time to do the competition and make a cuppa.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa
    I don't like competitions - someone always has to come last
    Not on a BG competition, all the members come first but this time only two will win a prize.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

I have finally got the person. Though searching FreeBMD for a Ruth who married in 1914 (which was how I first tried to guess the person) was no help whatsoever.
    I have to say that I only got the person through Mutley's extremely big hints.
    Pam

v.wells

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    I have finally got the person. Though searching FreeBMD for a Ruth who married in 1914 (which was how I first tried to guess the person) was no help whatsoever.
    I have to say that I only got the person through Mutley's extremely big hints.
    Pam
    Well Sherlock Downes - you've lived up to the moniker we bestowed upon you But are you right though?

(I freely admit to not even attempting to find the answer)

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by v.wells View Post
    Well Sherlock Downes - you've lived up to the moniker we bestowed upon you But are you right though?

(I freely admit to not even attempting to find the answer)
    Of course. I'll send you the initials to prove it.
    And as I expect that I'll still be up at midnight on Saturday , I'll try to remember to send you the full name before Mutley posts it.
    Pam

Occasionally, just very occasionally, needs an umbrella!

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    And as I expect that I'll still be up at midnight on Saturday
    Anyone who is working on this at 3.50 in the morning (!!!) deserves the prize ...!!!
    I admit to being totally baffled!
    Barbara

Life isn't waiting for the storm to pass - it is learning to dance in the rain

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast