Thread: ALFRED BRINDLEY

YRUBWEN

Default ALFRED BRINDLEY

Searching Information on my uncle Alfred Brindley born 1906/1908 in Fulham London.He emigrated to Brisbane Australia in 1925 on the ship Jarvis Bay. He married and had a large family,(one son is named Kevin).Unable to find any info on who Alfred married,his children's names or when he died.Can anyone help.

SBSFamilyhistory

okay I have found an Alfred James Brindley born in Fulham 1907
    address 5 Cumberland Crescent West Kensington

ref RG14PN307 RG78PN10 RD3 SD4 ED4 SN186

he was the yongest of three children
    Ernest Edward 1902 born Marylebone Scholar
    Herbert Francis 1904 " " " " "

parents

Herbert James 1875 Coachman Newbury Berkshire
    Maud Ester 1878 married 10 years 3 children Dalston London

hope this helps

Sue

ennael

try searching:

https://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHist...ilyHistory.htm
    a 1957 marriage may be of interest.

and:
    www.whitepages.com.au
    online phone book.

Leanne

Nannas

Hi,
    On the Electoral Rolls
    1937 Alfred (a miner), Thelma Isabel and William (a miner) BRINDLEY are living at Josephson St, Swansea NSW.
    1943 Alfred is still at Joesphson St but Thelma Isabel and William are at Parbury Rd.
    1949 same for Alfred and an Elsie Mary is at 43 Josephson St, with Thelma and William still at Parbury Rd.
    1954 Alfred and Elsie Mary at 43 Josephson St.
    Thelma, William and Dawn Edith Ellen at Parbury Rd.

From NSW BDM a marriage
    26689/1940 BRINDLEY ALFRED to BELL ELSIE MARY at BELMONT

Elsie may have died
    12700/1954 BRINDLEY ELSIE MARY (f)WILLIAM HENRY (m)EVA MAY at NEWCASTLE
    so maybe he married again

Nannas

spison

Hi Yrubwen,
    Alfred Henry Brindley aged 84 died 21 May 1991 at Miranda (In Sydney) so if this is him he moved to Sydney after Elsie died - possibly to live with a child? (Ryerson Index). The death of a Ronald Alfred Brindley is recorded in the Newcastle Herald - no age is given - on 27 May 1997. If I get a chance I can have a read of the paper to see what else is there the next available chance I have. The Ryerson Index is free to access and you can search on the forum for the link. I'm sure you will find it. There may be more Brindley deaths there that may lead you to some possible children.

Belmont and Swansea are neighbouring suburbs south of Newcastle at the entrance to Lake Macquarie.

Jane
    Last edited by spison; 11-02-2010 at 5:46 AM. Reason: added a bit

YRUBWEN

Hello Sue thanks for your help,the Alfred Brindley you found is not my uncle but maybe a relation as my Grandfather Joseph Brindley was born in Newbury Berkshire, Grandmother Mary and their children Joseph,William(my father) and Alfred all born in Fulham then moved from Fulham to Newbury Berkshire.
    Regards
    yrubwen

YRUBWEN

Hello Leanne Thanks for your help, I hope the Kevin in the marriage of 1957 is my cousin and I will be phoning Australia tomorrow.
    Regards
    Yrubwen

YRUBWEN

Hello Nannas, Thanks for your help,I will get back to you soon to let you know if my uncle or not.
    Regards
    Yrubwen

YRUBWEN

Hello Jane, Thanks for your help,This maybe my uncle ( I will get a copy of his birth certifiicate),and will get back to you.
    Regards
    Yrubwen

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Wow, here I am searching the net about my Dad's family and I find this.. Alfred Henry Brindley is my Pop. I am applying for an ancestry Visa to live and work in the UK. This is such fun ;-). I know this post is very old...and I don;t know if you are continuing to seek information about my Australian Brindley Family..Please feel free to contact me @ sharenDOTneglineATdet.nsw.edu.au. Hooroo ;-)
    Last edited by christanel; 24-07-2016 at 8:41 PM. Reason: email address disguised to deter spam