Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESTHER JACKSON

Reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by v.wells View Post
    once you have the death certificate it will (should) give her birth date and from there you should be able to select the quarter that her name appears in.
    No it won't, as pointed out in message #6 above. The date of birth only started appearing on death certificates from 1969. Before that date only the age is shown.

v.wells

Red face

Absolutely right Peter! How short my memory is and I have just been inputting data from all my bmd's too

michaelstreener

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    Don't let me put you off spending money but I have to tell you that a 1947 death certificate won't give you a date and place of birth. Sorry.
    I thought the Death Certificate showed where and when the person was born. Was I mistaken?

michaelstreener

Hi Peter, Sorry I've just read your message above and at least thats saved me a bit of money. Cheers Mick

michaelstreener

Hi fillandclaire, I had some credite left over so as you see my reply to AdeleE it doesnt give me any more information. Thanks for trying Mick

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelstreener View Post
    I have a marriege certificate for Esther Jackson marrying my GGrandfather Hugh STREENAN on 21 Oct 1889 at the Parish church in Killingworth Northumberland. She stated her age as 24 (1865) spinster and her father was JOHN JACKSON who was a miner at Dudley Colliery in Killingworth.
    Can you give us all the details from the marriage certificate please? Addresses of bride & groom...names of witnesses...the exact words for the occupation of John Jackson

michaelstreener

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleE View Post
    Can you give us all the details from the marriage certificate please? Addresses of bride & groom...names of witnesses...the exact words for the occupation of John Jackson
    Hi AdeleE, the details are date of marriage 21 October 1889
    Hugh Streenan age 23 Bachelor Miner resided at Dudley Colliery (no street/road given) Fathers name Michael Streenan Bricklayer
    Esther Jackson age 24 Spinster No occupation resided at Dudley Colliery (no street/road given ) Fathers name John Jackson Miner (the miner is a little blurred but as it nearly identical with the miner for Hugh Streenan im 99% positive its correct.

Many thanks for your interest Mick

Witnesses John Gledson and Mary Jane Jones.

Reputation beyond repute

Fathers name John Jackson Miner
    In your first message you described him as a Miner at Dudley Colliery. So was it in fact just 'Miner' with no colliery specified? Is he detectable in any census?

michaelstreener

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    In your first message you described him as a Miner at Dudley Colliery. So was it in fact just 'Miner' with no colliery specified? Is he detectable in any census?
    Hi Peter, Themarriage certificate stated that Esther Jackson was resident at Dudley Colliery not that John Jackson was a miner at Dudley Colliery. It stated that his profession was a miner without stating his place of work. I dont know if that helps at all - im stymmied. Thanks for the enquiry anyway. Mick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12