Neil Reynolds

Post ROWLANDS and WILLIAMS of Llanwrtyd

I thought I'd post my Breconshire interests here to try to spark off some discussion. I'd love to see some links coming through from these forums.

My Rowlands are of Pentwyn from the 1830s or so and before that from Blaencwmhenog.

My Williams are of Penmaenllwyd again from about the 1830 and, I believe, before that from Llangammarch. The current incumbent of Penmaenllwyd is a descendent of the same family.

If either of the above is of interest come on into the thread!

Regards, Neil
    Last edited by Neil Reynolds; 13-10-2004 at 4:34 PM.

jayne

Neil,
    Just a note. These places you mention Pentwyn,baencwmhenogand Penmaenllwyd are names of farms rather than places. you can view them on multi-map.com hope I'm not teaching granny to suck eggs

Jayne

jayne

Neil Reynolds

Thanks Jayne. yes I know the farms in question, though Pentwyn is now no more than a ruin, as I still have close relatives living in the area. I started off by putting "farm" after each of the names in my posting, but took it out as it made it look like part of the name, which it clearly isn't (wrong language for a start). As I said, the Williams are still in Penmaenllwyd.

I've also corrected my spelling of Blaencwmhenog which I hadn't noticed until you quoted it!

All the farms are in the old parish of Llanwrtyd and predate the newer town of Llanwrtyd Wells.

Regards, Neil

bunty1935

Wink WILLIAMS LLANWRTYD

HI NEIL.

WE MAY HAVE A CONEXION AS I HAVE A WILLIAM WILLIAMS BORN THERE IN 1815,BECAME W WILLIAMS ESQUIRE IN 1861 CENSUS WHEN MY G GRANDMOTHER STAYED WITH HIM,PHOEBE WILLIAMS.

I AM TRYING TO ARRANGE A VISIT TO SEARCH THE CEMETARYS SOON BUT NOW LIVE IN COVENTRY BUT AM DETERMINED TO TRY.

OH HE WAS A LANDOWNING FARMER.

KIND REGARDS BUNTY HARVARD

Jan1954

Hello Bunty,

Thank you for posting the information for Neil.

Unfortunately, he has not been on the forum since 23 August 2006 and therefore may not see this message. Hopefully, Neil will have email notifications enabled, which could bring him back.

Thanks again,

bunty1935

Wink bunty HARVARD REF WILLIAMS

HI JAN.

KIN OF YOU TO SHARE YOUR INFO ON JOHN,PERHAPS SOMEONE ELSE MAY BE INTERESTED,OR EVEN BETTER NEIL WILL RESURFACE.

KIND REGARDS BUNTY

Neil Reynolds

Question William Williams of Llanwrtyd?

Bunty,

Many apologies, as Jan pointed out I've not been on this forum for over 2 years. However, I found myself on an internet search! and then found your post. I hope a lack of answer from me didn't discouraage you from the forum!

The only William Williams I have is the father of Ann Williams who married Rees Williams of my Williams line in Penmaenllwyd in Llanwrtyd. Unfortunately I have no further information on him, though the marriage entry in the PR states she was Ann, spinster of Dolgary, daughter of William Williams.

Does this help? Does Dolgary sound correct for your William? I was unable to find an 1861 census entry for a Phoebe and William. Do you have the census reference? If so I can try to look further.

Sorry again for the delay in reply,

Regards, Neil