avidt1

Smile Looking for Robert BEAVER born c1799

Hi

I am trying to find the baptism of a Robert Beaver, who according to the 1851 Census was born in Farcet where he was living at that time and his age is given as 52.

Many Thanks

David

SBSFamilyhistory

Hi David, I have found them on the 1881 Census and it shows that Robefrt was born in 1796.. I have looked on the IGI and found a possible marriage, but not his baptism..well not yet.

Sue

davidcarca

Farcet baptisms are on the BVRI. There are baptisms of children of Robert and Mary from 1835 onwards, but the only Beaver baptism in Farcet before this was Mary dau of George & Elizabeth on 26 May 1799

davidcarca

As he doesn't appear to have been baptised in Farcet, where else would you like us to look? Even when you combine the IGI and the BVRI, Hunts is still poorly covered. There's no baptism index for Hunts, and many parishes haven't been filmed by the LDS (permission was refused) nor is a transcript available from Hunts FHS or Parish Chest. So the only places to go are Huntingdon Records Office or the SoG if you want to view these parish registers. The problem then arises as to which parishes you're going to check. Of course he might not have been baptised at all, for whatever reason. His parents didn't bother, or they were nonconformist Or he was baptised in his mother's parish if that was other than Farcet - but that's chicken and egg if you don't know who his mother was!

avidt1

Smile Robert Beaver born c1799

Hi All

Thanks very much for your help. I had not thought to look on th 1881 Census. I will try to get up to hunts in the coming moinths.

Many Thanks

David

SBSFamilyhistory

Just a thought, I may be worth contacting the Huntingdonshire Family History Society to see if they have transcripts of baptisms for that time. If not the local archives to see if they would be look up the baptism for you.

Sue