Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: george pack

Jeff Pack

Default george pack

I have an ancestor, above, born circa 1766, married in Egerton, Kent, 1788, to Elizabeth Battlemore, died Egerton 1824. He certainly did not come from Egerton and no idea of his origins. Can any one help? It's an uncommon surname and there are some very interesting Packs and Packes in the 200 years before George but I can't link him up.

Jeff Pack

sylvia pack

Hello Jeff
    I have been researching the Pack Family for over 7 years now. My Packs go back to 1682 and they where from Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire. Some went to America. I have a George Pack in my tree(will have to check date of birth.

I also note that you are looking for a Thomas Pack and have drawn a blank as we have, as we also have a Thomas Pack in our tree. We are not sure if he is the bellfounder , we have dates of his death but do not know the age he died which would give us an idea of his year of birth.
    My Husband is a desendant of the Pack family.

During our research we have found many cousins including those from America.

Jeff Pack

Hi Sylvia

Thanks for your reply. Pack is not a common name so there is a chance that our trees could overlap. Can you give me more detail and I will send more of mine. I have also found numerous cousins including in the US

Regards

Jeff Pack

Jeff Pack

Hi Sylvia again

I am trying to write a book about the Pack history (at least as it leads to me) and have done about 200 pages. Too much to send on BG. My email is jeffreyjpack AT hotmail DOT com If you let me have yours I will send parts of what I have done

Regards

Jeff Pack
    Last edited by Procat; 24-02-2010 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Email address edited agaiinst spammers

Procat

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Pack View Post
    Hi Sylvia again

I am trying to write a book about the Pack history (at least as it leads to me) and have done about 200 pages. Too much to send on BG. My email is jeffreyjpack AT hotmail DOT com If you let me have yours I will send parts of what I have done

Regards

Jeff Pack
    Hi Jeff,

it is not a good idea to post email addresses on the open forum as this site is very popular with search engines and I suspect spammers are well aware of us. It is much better to exchange email addresses using the Private Message facility.

Jeff Pack

Thanks for correcting me. As a newcomer I didn't realise the possible problem. How do I use the Private Message Facility? I am not very techy!

Jeff

Procat

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Pack View Post
    Thanks for correcting me. As a newcomer I didn't realise the possible problem. How do I use the Private Message Facility? I am not very techy!

Jeff
    Just click on the user name of the person you want to send a PM to - in this case Sylvia Pack then select Send Private Message. if left clicking does not work right click then select Open. You can find the user name in a thread (as in this case) or by using the "Advanced Search" function at the top of the screen.

Jeff Pack

Thanks again, Jeff

Victoria

Hello Packs,
    My question may be a little outside the time frame for this forum, but I could not resist the chance to
    get in touch with Pack researchers. You are indeed a rare breed.

I have a Pack problem that I can't solve and I could use some help.
    Does anyone have any knowledge of a Pack family who were Wesleyan Methodists and lived in
    Buckworth, Huntingdonshire in the 1820s and later lived in Chatteris Cambridgeshire? I am particularly interested in Jabez Pack (b.1822, Buckworth). He seems to disappear after the 1851 Census and can find no record of his death. I am wondering if he is the same Jabez Pack who turns up as Episcopal Methodist minister, in Haddam, Middlesex Co., Conn. in the 1860 US Census, giving his place of birth as England (age is a little off, but close).

According to family stories, my gg aunt, Annie Dickers fell in love with a Methodist preacher who emigrated to the US. She followed him and they married in the US ( her family opposed the marriage). I think Jabez emigrated about 1853 ( I found a bit about him in a church magazine)
    I know that most of the story is true, the only thing I don't know is the origin of Jabez Pack. Was he the one born in Buckworth, Hunts or another Jabez Pack who has eluded me in my many hours of searching? I did follow the few possible candidates with similar names and was able to eliminate them, but, who knows, there might be another hidden under some impossible mistranscription.

Regards,
    Victoria

Jeff Pack

Hi Victoria
    I haven't come across a Jabez Pack. That's an unusual first name, do you know its origin, that might help? Also the 19th C Packs were clustered in 4 main areas - Kent, London, East Anglia and Hunts/Northants. If Jabez is part of the latter group then he may be descended from Sir Christopher Pack, Lord Mayor of London, 1654, whose coutry seat was Prestwold, Northants, still there occupied by descendants.

Regards

Jeff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast