Abi price

Default missing Death record for John Bird

I am trying to find a record of my great grandfather, John Bird, death.

I have looked on free bmd and ancestry and find my past and i can't seem to find a record.

He was born around 1896 in lichfield and my mum thinks he died in the early 1960s.
    I found him in the 1911 census living in lichfield with his mother.

Can anyone help? or guide me in the direction of another source to look at.

SBSFamilyhistory

Have you tried using Byrd rather than Bird as there as a lot of Byrd's in Staffordshire..

Can you give me more information as my great grandmother was a Frances(fanny) Ellen Byrd from staffordshire.

Sue

SBSFamilyhistory

There is s John Byrd who died in Burton (presumably on Trent) in 3 quarter 1964 it says 70 but what is 2 years between friends...

Could this be him?

Sue

Abi price

I don't have a great deal of information on him. He was born in lichfield, his parents were John Bird and Lydia Ellen Faulkner. The only siblings i have are Thomas Edward (b:1895), Lillian(b:1898) and William Samuel (b:1900).

His wife was Ellen E Richens and they married in July 1917 in Brentford, middlesex. My nan Patricia was born 11/8/1933 and she has,i think,4 siblings. I know three names, Jack, Dorothy and Lillian but i can't remember the other.

I think that's all i have.

Abi price

i vaguley remember my mum saying he died in westmiddlsex hosptial.

SBSFamilyhistory

okay back to the drawing board......

I can find the siblings you have named but no others at this time

Sue

Default John Bird was my Great Uncle

Quote Originally Posted by Abi price View Post
    I am trying to find a record of my great grandfather, John Bird, death.

I have looked on free bmd and ancestry and find my past and i can't seem to find a record.

He was born around 1896 in lichfield and my mum thinks he died in the early 1960s.
    I found him in the 1911 census living in lichfield with his mother.

Can anyone help? or guide me in the direction of another source to look at.
    Hi Abi - I'm Terri Walker, originally from Burntwood, Staffordshire - John Bird was my great uncle, brother to William James Bird who married Edith Florence Sterry and had my mother Sheila Bird who became Walker. All generally based Lichfield/Burntwood in Staffordshire.

I literally started doing the family tree 2 days ago but I'm dabbling in about 6 trees at the minute - all excited and can't seem to focus !!!

I've only got a brief link to your great-grandfather John as stupidly I didn't find out enough about all 'The Birds' before my mom died and other than finding out he was born in 1895 due to the birth registration rather than the estimate on the census I've not got a lot more. If you can let me know some names - who he married, roughly where he was based and where he would have died I should hopefully be able to find a bit more out on this one and help you link up to our tree.

Also, if you have any other info on Lydia Ellen Faulkner - I'm fairly certain that her dad was Henry Faulkner due to the marriage certificate but there's conflicting information about where she was born. We were all certain she was from Ireland but I've found something suggesting she was born in Warwick? The census doesn't help because it puts her birth date anywhere between 1864 and 1867.

Look forward to hearing from you and hopefully will have a few stories to share xxx

Terri xxx

Brick wall demolition expert!

John Bird
    Age 66
    Reg Sept 1961
    Ealing Middlesex
    Vol 5E
    Pg 181

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Free resources

You will be able to find siblings born after Sept 1911 with the mother's maiden name on the site www.freebmd.org also check this site out https://www.staffordshirebmd.org.uk

Parish records + loads more on www.familysearcvh.org

On Findmypast there is the 1939 Register, however you will need a subscription or credits to view! Always remember to cancel your credit / debit card within the specified time frame, if you do not wish to continue subscribing to the site!

Default Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by valg View Post
    John Bird
    Age 66
    Reg Sept 1961
    Ealing Middlesex
    Vol 5E
    Pg 181
    Thanks for this - I'll see what I can drum up - didn't realise he'd moved so far from everyone xx

T x