Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Charlbury

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by Sunpat
    Re. birth certificates, I've checked FreeBMD trying to find birth information for my father (Cyril Francis)and any of his siblings (brothers, John + William/Bill, and sister, Muriel) and the information is not available.
    Your advice would be very welcome.
    Freebmd is not complete, there are few records for the 20th century on the site - the full General Register Officer (GRO) index is available on several pay-per-view sites.

Assuming your dad has died and so you cannot ask him - approximately when was he born? (an estimate may be made from the GRO death indedx, or from his death certificate, or from his marriage certifiacte).

The GRO index can also be viewed on fiches in many County Record Offices.

Geoffers
    Last edited by Guest; 05-10-2007 at 6:29 PM.

Geoffers

Photos taken - I've sent you an e-mail to confirm it's okay for you to receive them

Geoffers

Sunpat

Default Charlbury graves

Received photos - detail on them all is terrific, I almost feel that I am in the cemetery.

Thank you very much.

Susan

Sunpat

Thank you again for the photographs.

Re. Lily, daughter of James and Kate PICKETT and my great aunt, whose gravestone you kindly photographed.
    Do you know of any information held locally about her death?

Sunpat

Geoffers

There's mention of the drowning in the book about Charlbury, I'll try to find wehre I put my copy. The local museum has some stuff on it too. The drowning also appeared in local newspapers.

Geoffers

janbooth

Default Frank EELES

Susan,

I have found the Banns record of your Grandfather Frank's marriage in the OFHS PR transcripts of Charlbury:

December 3/10/17 1922 Frank EELES, bachelor, of the parish and Florence SHAYLER, spinster, of the parish of Leafield.

However, there is no baptismal record for Frank in Charlbury.

And from the OFHS PR trancripts of Leafield:

23 December 1922 Frank EELES, 26, Builder's Labourer, Charlbury, father John EELES, Hawker married Flora SHAYLER, 30, father Mark SHAYLER, Labourer, by Banns. Witnesses: Percy SHAYLER and Esther WILLIAMS.

21 June 1891 Flora SHAYLER daughter Mark & Victoria, Labourer baptised.

Let me know if you would like any more info. from the PR transcripts.

Janet

Sunpat

Thank you very much Jan and Geoffers.

I'd be very grateful for more PR transcripts info., Jan.
    I'll gather together what info. I have gleaned - too many assorted bits and pieces which need to be tidied up and then ask you about my 'gaps', if that is alright?.

Really sorry Geoffers, the PICKETT daughter I was asking about was Lily, who died in 1929, a younger sister of Evelyn, who drowned in 1924.
    I hadn't known anything about Lily until you told me about her grave in Charlbury, now I'm really keen to find out why she died and as much as possible about the rest of my PICKETTs.
    Please let me know what is in your Charlbury book about the drowning and if it is still in print.

Thank you again.

Sunpat

Geoffers

I'll contact you by e-mail with more, the book is:
    "A History of Charlbury" by Lois Hey, publ 2001 by The Wychwood Press.
    The book is still in print in paperback.

Geoffers

janbooth

Default EELES & SHAYLER families

Susan,

I am off on holiday for a week but will be happy to look for you when I get back. Just let me know what info you would like and I will try to help.

Janet

Sunpat

Janet,

I wonder if you can help me with the death of Trevor EELES, a son of Frank and Flora.
    I'm told he died in the 1920/30s (in infancy) and is buried under the wall of Charlbury Church.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sunpat

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123