Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Reputation beyond repute

hospital set up at Dunham Massey
    So are you saying that some sort of list of patients has survived? Surviving records of military hospitals seem to be pretty rare.

Loves to help with queries

Thank you Peter for that information. I will keep that possibility in mind. I'm an amateur at all this so have not been able to pin him down at all. Can't find any war records for him although I found his brother Walter who was 3 years younger. He was in the King's Own Royal Lancashire Regiment before joining the Shropshire Light Infantry at 18 25/10/1899 Army No 6164. Served in regular army until 10/1904 but continued in army reserve from 25/10/1911 until 10/1915 - so that wasn't really any help.

Are you the Peter Goodey related to my husband's side of the family Lock? Grandmother Gladys Mary?

Yes, it seems a nurse kept a record of all patients at Dunham Massey. This is a link to the BBC page https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01q80ks

Reputation beyond repute

I'd phone the National Trust at Dunham Massey, ask to speak to someone involved with the exhibit and plead your case. Ask for a lookup and offer them something in return - perhaps a note of his later life following his recovery. That sort of happy ending story may appeal to them.

Reputation beyond repute

Are you the Peter Goodey related to my husband's side of the family Lock? Grandmother Gladys Mary?
    Not me, your honour. Perhaps he's one of the Essex Goodeys. I'm from the Berkshire/Oxfordshire clan .

Yes, might be worth a try. Someone on another website have a group visit there in April so have kindly volunteered to look for me. Fingers crossed.

In the pension records, there's 2 Harrys, a couple of Harolds and at least one Henry. I only looked in detail (there's copies of all sorts of papers) at one - Harry Scholes, husband of Sarah Alice, Lancashire Fusiliers.

Here I am again still trying to find Harry Scholes. I had given up looking and had assumed his record must have been one of those burnt in WW2 but I see that some of the burnt records are at Kew in the National Archives. I have found a record which shows ' Scholes Harry - Scholes John' whatever that means but I am unable to get to Kew. It also says it can be viewed on Ancestry but when I go to Ancestry I can't find any burnt records and can only find all the people I have looked at before. The only way I can pin-point him is by his next of kin on any record I can find and that should be his parents Edwin and Lucy Scholes living in Manchester.
    Any suggestions?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12