They were the parents of Olive Solomon who married Ernest Golley

Any ideas as to where they are buried?

Thanks
    Colin

Colin Rowledge

Default Correction on birth date

Henry was born 1849

Reputation beyond repute

The standard advice for people trying to locate 20th century burials is "ask the council". The web site can easily found by Googling bodmin council.

Marie C..

Well for a start if they died in Bodmin they might be buried in St. Petrock's church graveyard. Cornwall Family History Society have the monumental inscriptions for many churches in Cornwall.
    If they died outside Bodmin there are many small villages with churchyards that are still in use.
    Marie

terribrown

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Rowledge View Post
    I have the deaths of the following folks:
    Amelia Solomon - Oct-Dec 1927 age 70 [born 1857
    Henry James Solomon - Oct-Dec 1935 age 86 [born 1859]

They were the parents of Olive Solomon who married Ernest Golley

Any ideas as to where they are buried?

Thanks
    Colin
    Colin i am wondering if the Ernest Golley you mention is Ernest Golley born 7 Feb 1876 at his parents house in Veryan. His parents being Joseph Williams Golley and Louisa. Joseph s' father William Golley born 1804 in Gorran was my 3rd G grandfather

Terri Brown
    Brisbane

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by terribrown View Post
    Colin i am wondering if the Ernest Golley you mention is Ernest Golley born 7 Feb 1876 at his parents house in Veryan. His parents being Joseph Williams Golley and Louisa. Joseph s' father William Golley born 1804 in Gorran was my 3rd G grandfather

Terri Brown
    Brisbane
    Hi
    In a few words - I don't think so. My Ernest was born in Redruth in 1893. His parents were Joseph and Elizabeth. Joseph was born in 1861 in Churchtown, Gerrans. Joseph was the son of John and Mary. John was born in 1823 in Gorran.

That is a far as I've got back on this line. John would be my 2XGreat Grandfather.

Sorry.
    Colin

The most likely place is the Cemetery in Cross Lane, Bodmin. The parish church graveyard closed to burials in 1859 (although in recent years cremation ashes have been allowed).

https://www.bodmin.gov.uk/Town_Counci...emeteries.html

janbooth

Cornwall Memorial Inscriptions show them both to have been buried in Bodmin Old Cemetery.

Janet

Yes, that's the one in Cross Lane. It's also the site of Berry Tower, the remains of a medieval church associated with the town's guilds, built on the site of a 6th century monastery founded by St Petroc.