Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    yafm11

Thank you so much This gives me a lot of work to do so a bit more enthusiasm now. I dont actually know where either Ed Smyth or Marg Cox were born so do not know where they may have got married so my search will be extensive.

yafm11

With grateful thanks I used this site some months ago I have just tried again and want to get into the baptism records for the RC SS Michael and John Church Lower Exchange Street Dublin But I cant get into these records at all on any of the irish sites I have tried What have I forgotten and am now not doing correctly

obbie

hi
    1 click into https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/index.html
    2 click the big search button
    3 on new page where you normaly put in name , under the search button is "browse the database by location" click into
    4 click dublin rc
    5 click ss michael and john

some tips
    if your not finding what you want lots of records were in latin so translate names to latin eg william is Gulielmus
    try wild cards if name is william walker for eg wil* wal* will-should find any spellings of that name
    if baptism add mothers first name only in the additional name search as many records have no wifes surnames (some marriages as well)
    this is a great site sit down and play with it remember most people couldnt read nor write so it was up to the parish priest to fill out the forms he spelt it how he seen fit when that priest died or moved the new priest spelt the names what ever way he seen fit
    so names were spelt different and some names were in latin

enjoy and good luck

yafm11

I have been going into this Smyth family more and have now found an anomoly. The grave of my grandmother and her second husband also has their first son who died at 7 years old and her mother in it There is also another Smyth buried there a John Louis who was shown in a census as Margaret's son living with her BUT I found a baptism for a john louis in SS Michael and John church Dublin - not that common a mix - whose parents were shown as joseph smyth and mary eliza mcguire so now I am back to square one

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234