Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Colin Rowledge

As I'm struggling with my wife's mum's Irish roots I'll spend time looking at it

Colin

obbie

site has been recently updated with lots more records especially cork

v.wells

Thanks for letting us know obbie

SBSFamilyhistory

Quote Originally Posted by obbie View Post
    came across this site which is new to me and brilliantly easy and FREE to use . have fun . www.
    irishgenealogy.ie
    This site looks brilliant XXXXX

yafm11

Using this site I managed to find siblings for my grandmother in Dublin (all christened in the same church and living at the same address) but need to go back further and I dont think they go back to GGmother's marriage date

Nicolina

I entered my family name, just for fun and found some that we didn't know about, although the groom on of the marriages we did know about. Many thanks.
    Elaine
    who's not going to start chasing McCanns

maltonboy

Post thanks

fantastic. many thanks. found a relative within seconds after searching on other websites for ages!!!

obbie

this site is going to be expanded with a lot more records for dublin city centre parishes , arran quay area .
    (dublin north and south suburbs on rootsireland pay per view but search for free site)
    also the records for cork , what isnt covered already by rootsireland website , rootsireland have about a 3rd of cork , irish genealogy a 3rd also , the remaining 3rd coming soon .
    kerry parishes are all on
    carlow parishes are all on
    there trying to get the remaining countys not covered by either site to either go on rootsireland or irish genealogy sites so that all 32 irish countys covered .
    also rootsireand is making there site easier to search by cross ref births with fathers first name and mothers first name and her maiden name also .
    great news for irish researchers !
    im keenly awaiting the remaining dublin parishes to knock my wall !
    obbie

obbie

for those still awaiting news of further records
    www.
    facebook.com/notes/genealogical-society-of-ireland/genealogy-raised-in-d%C3%A1il-%C3%A9ireann-22062011/194709577246779
    "Work is ongoing to add up to a further one million church baptism, marriage and burial records from Dublin city and County Cork, and this work should be substantially completed by end of next month"
    GENEALOGY RAISED IN DÁIL ÉIREANN (22.06.2011) so end of july fingers and toes crossed !

josie7644

That's brilliant news, Obbie! I can hardly wait!

Thanks for sharing!

Josie

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast