Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    obbie

this site has been updated with several new city parishes yipee
    as of 3-10-2011
    enjoy
    i am

Loves to help with queries

Here is some anguish to go with the joy. 9 months plus waiting for addition of the Cork county RC records - and only 15 new parishes
    added. Thought it was going to complete the non-irishroots.ie parishes. Ugghhh!!

Only way to find Cork origin of my GGGF John Cronin is via nephew James Copps but no new Copps on additions. Ugghhh

obbie

cork is split into 3 parts
    cork north - mallow rootsireland site
    cork south - west cork - diocese of cork and ross www.
    corkandross.org/parishMap.jsp irishgenealogy site
    cork city
    " Cork City records are being computerized by the Cork Ancestral Project which does not currently undertake research or make its records available online "
    ive seen this notice forquite a few years - no sign of as yet
    if family from cork city youve a wait to come
    obbie

thatsnotmyname

Smile

Thanks for reminding me about this , I have found some new information on my hard to track gr Grandparents.

Would someone be able to check the register for Jennie Burke , Aug 1876 , Dublin. I have clicked the link to view the register. I think the name on the register is Terence , Not Jennie. I am rubbish at reading old writing though. It would be good news for me if it is Terence.

Thanks

josie7644

Hello,

There are a few Ts and a few Js on the page. Having compared them I would say it is definitely a T.

So I would say the child was called Terence.

Josie

obbie

Burke
    Gender Male
    Birth Date
    16 Aug 1876
    Birth Place Dublin
    Father George Burke
    Mother Anne Reilly

there are 5 male burke births reg
    if you contact roscommon GRO with the above data they will search for the correct male birth and send you his birth
    cost 6 euros , 2 to search 4 for photo copy .
    this should give address fathers occupation and additional winesses .

DorothySandra

This is great: tracing my Grandmother's family has been the most challenging - her mother Mary Stafford was born in Dublin, and her father John Cruickshank was born in Madras. Each month another bit of data becomes available, or another researcher finds a tidbit of information in a newspaper.

On this site I've found another sister for Mary, and the marriage of her parents. Strangely, I can't find any burials for my Staffords, but I'm hoping that eventually the burials will be there too.

thatsnotmyname

Thanks Josie and obbie. It's looking promising that its my great grandfather ( at last ) so will send off for the birth certificate.

yafm11

Not knowing the geography of the Dublin area I wonder if the area of Lower Exchange Street Dublin 8 is available yet
    With the family name Smyth I have only found (through this site) in the RC parish of SS Michael and John my grandmother and siblings and her mother and father -confirming the names I already had) but I cannot find a marriage or death for her parents Edward Smyth b 1833 and Margaret Cox probably b 1836

obbie

depending on the church and what date lots of the records are in latin .
    ive found typing in surname (sometimes put in latin rarely though)
    so type smyth and ed* or edw* or edwa*
    ive found they seem to add letters to end of first name to latinise them .
    sure online you could find what latin for edward is .

when looking for marriage try ed* smy* and mar* co* in other name box

you can search by parish , hit search button on first page , on new page by search button theres browse the data base by location ,
    you now get list of countys to search hit which county , youve now list of parishes .

deaths
    birth marriages deaths cost money to reg so many arnt recorded on the BMD index
    this is why baptism and marriage records from the parish are so important
    catholic churchs dont keep records of deaths , many familys couldnt afford gravestones .
    glasnevin is the biggest cemetry in dublin , google earth it its huge . glasnevin do keep there records and you can search its fee paying , if you search by surname and put in the first name and search , at bottom of search youve - year of death +/- years 2006
    change year fom 1 to 3 then change date to your best guess of death .
    ive actually searched my surname and a then b then c then d to z as first name and have full list of every burial in cemetry

if family wealthy search https://www.askaboutireland.ie/griffi...tion/index.xml

An index of Ireland civil registration including births, 1864-1958, marriages, 1845-1958, and deaths, 1864-1958.
    https://www.familysearch.org/search/...ection/1408347
    just remember cost money to reg if poor less likely to have recorded a birth marriage death
    if you find record send off to roscommon for cert cost 4 euros if you have cert details

https://www.familysearch.org/search/...ection/1584963
    great for baptisms

both above familysearch records are on ancestry
    the marriage ones above you cant get list of possible spouses on ancestry you can

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast