Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Bob2000 View Post
    Elizabeth's father was John Robert Shepherd (I checked on 1851 census) so that's OK, I think.
    You'll probably want to order a birth certificate for one of Benjamin's children, to check that Elizabeth's former name was SHEPHERD. As someone said earlier, there are lots of JOHNSON around, and you don't want to risk following the wrong family.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob2000 View Post
    Do the London marriages go back to 1842? That's when William Johnson married Jane Stalain in the district of Shoreditch. I wondered if he was a boot maker?
    St Leonard Shoreditch
    27 March 1842
    William Johnson, of full age, bachelor, Shoe Maker, 20 Allen Street. Father - John Johnson, Labourer
    Jane Stalain, of full age, spinster, Servant, 20 Allen Street. Father - Willm Stalain, Shoe Maker
    After banns, both spouses signed
    Witnesses - John Dupen, Margaret Stalain (X)

Kerrywood

Bob2000

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrywood View Post
    You'll probably want to order a birth certificate for one of Benjamin's children, to check that Elizabeth's former name was SHEPHERD. As someone said earlier, there are lots of JOHNSON around, and you don't want to risk following the wrong family.
    That's good advice. I guess that I was trying to narrow it down as much as possible because the amount I've already spent is starting to make my palms sweat!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrywood View Post
    St Leonard Shoreditch
    27 March 1842
    William Johnson, of full age, bachelor, Shoe Maker, 20 Allen Street. Father - John Johnson, Labourer
    Jane Stalain, of full age, spinster, Servant, 20 Allen Street. Father - Willm Stalain, Shoe Maker
    After banns, both spouses signed
    Witnesses - John Dupen, Margaret Stalain (X)

Kerrywood
    Looking good!!!

Thanks for your help Kerrywood.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12