maggym

Thumbs up HAMBL(E)Y Family - St Endellion

I am researching the following HAMBL(E)Y family and would be happy to hear from anyone who shares my ancestry:

William HAMBLY and Mary RUNDLE, St Endellion
    William HAMBLY (1756-?) and Mary BRAY, St Endellion
    Abraham HAMBLY (1805-1881) and Susanna THOMAS(c1811-1882), St Endellion
    Mary Thomas HAMBLY (1832-?) and James MOR(R)ISH (c1833 Port Quin - ?)

Scottie

I can help a little on the descendants of Abraham Hambly and Susan Thomas married 31 Oct 1829 in St Endellion

BillG

Smile Hambley

I have ancestors from the Hambly/ hamblyn family from Cornwall and Devon, would be great to compare notes.
    Happy hunting Bill

Scottie

Talking Hamblys in North Cornwall

Quote Originally Posted by BillG
    I have ancestors from the Hambly/ hamblyn family from Cornwall and Devon, would be great to compare notes.
    Happy hunting Bill
    Hello Bill,
    Can I help you in any way? You can see the area I cover so, if you have any from these parishes just give me a name and date and I will see what I can do.

maggym

Default Hambl(e)y families

Hi Bill

Will be happy to share any information I have on the Hambl(e)y families with you. I also have some Cornish resource material in which I might be able to find something for you if your family is in another area. I will contact you by email
    Regards
    Margaret

maggym

Default Hambl(e)y Family

Hi Scottie

Just wanted to thank you for offering your assistance so readily - without generous people like yourself, I don't know how we genealogists in the antipodes would survive!
    Regards
    Margaret

Scottie

You are entirely welcome. I find that I receive as much back as I give away as most seekers are doing a particular family and have much more detailed information than I can glean from registers and censuses

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Scottie, Abraham Hambly and Susanna Thomas are my 3rd great grandparents. We were chuffed to find their headstone at St Endellion when we were visiting from Australia earlier this year. Family folklore is that two Hambly cousins married and emigrated to Australia. I am certain that the reference is to William Brown Hambly (1827-1884; father Charles) and Susan Hambly (1835-1902; father Abraham). However, I have not been able to find evidence that shows Charles (1801-1872) and Abraham (1805-1881) were brothers, thus proving that William Brown and Susan were cousins. Part of the problem relates to identifying the correct parentage of the brothers - I have found evidence of Charles having a father, William, with wife Mary Bray and Abraham having a father, William, with wife Mary Bishop. From the Antipodes, I have struggled to find any information regarding the descendants of either Mary Bray or Mary Bishop. Any help in clarifying these matters is greatly appreciated. I am on An...y under the public tree named pdhambly44.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hi philH44,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

Unfortunately Scottie is no longer a member of the forum - denoted by the word 'guest' under their name. However, never say never as regards making contact with someone else researching the Hamblys.

With regard to trying to prove any relationship between Charles and Abraham, have you checked all the records available on the Cornwall Online Parish Clerks website?
    https://www.cornwall-opc-database.org/home/
    As well as checking by names, you can also check the parish coverage to make sure that a parish is listed for the years you want. With any database I always find it worth checking at regular intervals for new records.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”