Boleyn Lady

Default Harriet and Mary Ann Ackley

Please forgive me if I have posted this search on the wrong board..I am searching for Mary Ann Ackley in the 1841 Census...I have her in 1851 but thats where its stops for me...I have never found anything more to date on Mary Ann.. I,m trying to work out if she was my Great Great Grandmas sister.
    My Great Grandma Harriett Ackley can be found on the 1841 Census with the same family.. This has been a long five year search for me...Really would appreciate some help here with Mary Ann Ackley for 1841..No help required with Harriet Ackley for 1851 thank you or after that date.

Kind Regards Marion

1851 Census: 107 Hill St Peckham (HO107/1581 folio and page obscured)
    Census held TNA: Crown Copyright

Thomas Boughton 76 Stock Broker b London St.Bridget
    Harriet wife 61 b Leics, Loughborough
    Jane granddaughter 6 b Peckham
    Mary Ann Ackley Niece 12 b Bethnal Green
    Last edited by Sue Mackay; 02-12-2009 at 8:10 AM. Reason: Copyright Index removed - please read AUP

Please also see Marion's other thread about the parents of Harriet (and Mary Ann??)

https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...ad.php?t=53819
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Thomas Boughton (widower) married Harriott Ackley on 12 Feb 1814 in St.Botolph's, Bishopsgate. The original image from the LMA is on Ancestry.
    Sue Mackay

Boleyn Lady

Default Ackley

Thanks Sue..If Mary Ann Ackley Niece is down for the 1851 Census with the Boughtons then Harriot Boughton could not have been her Mother.. I would like to find Mary Ann for 1841 if possible..I have seen the marriage info for Harriot to Thomas Boughton and also the witnesses names.

Thanks for your help.

Marion

Sorry, not having much luck finding Mary Ann in 1841, nor can I find a birth registration for anyone of that name two years either side of 1839, so I wonder if the age is wrong on the 1851 census. 12 seems very young to be a niece of someone aged 61. You say you have all the information about Harriet. Do I presume she is the one who married Robert McClelland in Woolwich on 2 June 1852? If so it was very inconvenient that she was only shown as 'of full age'. Do you have her approximate year and place of birth from a later census?

Harriet Boughton was born in Leicestershire so you may need to look in Leicestershire to track down her siblings before they came to London.
    Sue Mackay

JAP1

Hello Marion,

Could you tell us a bit more about your Gggma Harriet ACKLEY?
    Such as her age and birthplace from censuses.

This would probably help us in trying to determine whether or not she is the sister of Mary Ann ...
    Mary Ann ACKLEY, from the 1851 census, being born ca 1839, Bethnal Green.
    Is Mary Ann's information consistent in later censuses?

On your other thread (it would be easier if there were just one thread), you say that Gggma Harriet, when she married in 1852, stated her father as Thomas ACKLEY, Ware House Clerk.

You mention the following baptism (it is in the IGI but, of course, without the father's occupation:
    Elizabeth Ann ACKLEY, b 11 Oct bap 3 Nov 1816, St Giles Cripplegate, parents Thomas ACKLEY (a Warehouseman) and Elizabeth Ann.
    You wonder if there are further children to this couple.

You also wonder whether these parents are the couple who married in 1813:
    Thomas ACKLEY m Elizabeth Ann WHEELEY, St Bartholomew the Great, London

I note that an Elizabeth Ann ACKLEY, a widow (father Edward WHEELY, Hairdresser) married a Daniel Richard LUCAS, a bachelor, a Painter (father George LUCAS Bank Porter) on 9 Jul 1843, at St Luke, Old Street, Islington.

I also notice that there are a couple of male ACKLEY marriages after the marriage of Harriott ACKLEY/Thomas BOUGHTON and the marriage of Thomas ACKLEY/Elizabeth Ann WHEELEY - but before 1839. So these might perhaps be brothers of Harriott, and possible alternative parents for Mary Ann ...

Good luck,

JAP
    PS: Just checked the IGI. Daniel Richard LUCAS b 7 Mar bap 10 Oct 1798, St Leonards Shoreditch, parents George LUCAS & Sarah
    She might be Sarah GRIMWOOD from a 1795 marriage of George LUCAS at St Leonards

Boleyn Lady

Default Harriett Ackley

Hi Sue,
    Yes it was Harriett who married Robert McClelland in 1852..I have only ever found her once and that is on the 1841 Census..I do have her Death Cert for 1864 and it gives her age as being 34 years when she died in the Barracks at Aldershot. Both Harriett and Mary Ann have been a mystery for the past five years.. At one time I put this search in the too hard basket..The only clue I had to my Gt Gt Gt Grandfather and his name was from the marriage cert for 1852 and his profession being Ware House Clerk.

Thank You Sue

Marion

Boleyn Lady

Default Harriett

Jap, Many thanks for your help..I,m sorry to say I dont know where my GG Grandma was born..In the 1841 Census all it states is not born in the county..I could not even find her for 1851..On the 1841 Census it states the only relative for Harriett is another little girl with the surname of Henley..I know from researching that the Henleys were related to Thomas Boughton the Stock Broker.. I feel its almost an impossible task..Sue, in addition to Harriot Boughton being the Aunt of Mary Ann' maybe she had a much younger brother..I am one of two children born to my parents and my brother is almost 15 years my senior..

You are both so very kind in trying to help..

Marion

Quote Originally Posted by JAP1 View Post
    On your other thread (it would be easier if there were just one thread)
    Agreed, and as all the information is on this thread I have closed the other one (with a link) and am transferring this thread to Brick Walls. I have also added Harriet's name to the title, as you need to find her birth place as well.
    Sue Mackay

Lizzy9

Quote Originally Posted by Boleyn Lady View Post
    I,m sorry to say I dont know where my GG Grandma was born..In the 1841 Census all it states is not born in the county..I could not even find her for 1851..Marion
    Hi Marion

This may be Harriet in 1851.

HO107; Piece: 1506; Folio: 159; Page: 32;

(record held by TNA, Crown Copyright)