rsmacleod

Default Catherine Kennedy of Glencoe, Argyllshire

An ancestor of my husband (John MacLeod, formerly of Inverness) was John CHISHOLM, born 1796 Kiltarlity and who was married to Catherine KENNEDY, b. c. 1801, Glencoe, Argyllshire, Scotland. Her parents were EVAN (or Ewan) KENNEDY, shepherd, and Jessie Cameron.
    Catherine appears in 1851 Census in Kiltarlity, Inverness (aged 41 yrs.) and she died 28 April, 1890 (88 yrs.) (widow) at Bengal Cottage, Ballifeary, Inverness, Scotland 9d.c. 198.pge. 66).
    Anyone help with any more details of Catherine and/or her family connections? Ruth MacLeod

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by rsmacleod View Post
    An ancestor of my husband (John MacLeod, formerly of Inverness) was John CHISHOLM, born 1796 Kiltarlity and who was married to Catherine KENNEDY, b. c. 1801, Glencoe, Argyllshire, Scotland. Her parents were EVAN (or Ewan) KENNEDY, shepherd, and Jessie Cameron.
    Catherine appears in 1851 Census in Kiltarlity, Inverness (aged 41 yrs.) and she died 28 April, 1890 (88 yrs.) (widow) at Bengal Cottage, Ballifeary, Inverness, Scotland 9d.c. 198.pge. 66).
    Anyone help with any more details of Catherine and/or her family connections? Ruth MacLeod
    Hi Ruth
    Catherine Kennedy is my great great Grandmother through my mum Isabella Macdonald daughter of William Macdonald whose mother was Catherine Chisholm and her mother was Catherine Kennedy kind regards Janet.

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forumn Janet.
    Unfortunately you've joined an old thread with an author who is no longer a member (that's why she is tagged "guest") Data protection legislation does not allow us to retain contact info for ex members but maybe Ruth will come back for a search.
    In the mean time, please continue your search - take a look at the sections on Scotland and see what we have.