Default HENRY JACOBS & KITTY MOSES

In the Synagogue Scribes Great Synagogue Marriages and Births there appear two records- the first records the marriage of Henry Jacobs to Kitty Moses 13 June 1793 GSM011/7. Henry's father is David Lestson ( David's last name is Litzen/Lietzen). Kitty Moses father's Hebrew name is Moshe Cohen. In seeking evidence of Kitty's siblings I noted the GSB M011 record which shows the birth of Gershon Moses 1791 Three Crowns Street Jewry St Catherines Coleman. Father Brude and father's Hebrew name Baruch b Moshe Cohen. Mother's name Betsy Hebrew name Peska bat Meir. No spouse name.

Is it speculating too far to think that Brude and Kitty are brother and sister.

In addition, in the 1841 census at 319 Strand there is the family of John Hart -tailor-and his wife Elizabeth Jacobs( Elizabeth is the daughter of Henry Jacobs and Kitty Moses) in the same household is ..... Gershon ( I have a copy of the 1841 record but have mislaid it hence the missing first name. Again, is it too much to speculate that this Gershon is related to the Hart and Jacobs family.
    Henry Jacobs and Kitty Moses are my 4x great grandparents and John Hart and Elizabeth Jacobs my 3 x great grandparents.
    Comments welcome
    Phillip

Degan

Default Gershon

Hi, sorry that I can't answer your actual query. It must make it really difficult tracking people when they have Anglicized (if that is the spelling) and Hebrew names. I had a look at the 1841 census (you need to have a sort out so you don't mislay anything - lecture over!) and the other person is Rebecca Gershon aged 60 and I think her occupation probably says FS for Female Servant.
    The Ref is HO107 Piece 741 2/10

Degan

Default REBECCA GERSHON

Thanks Degan
    I found the census record- I may discover more when I visit SOG.
    As for records and organisation I have in excess of 1000 records in files plus a website and that's the problem collating huge data bases.
    Phillip