Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    JAP1

I should just say that there is an Albert DAVIES b Leominster in the 1901 census; he is in Kington Herefordshire with wife and children. This other Albert DAVIES was born ca 1870 and is an Assurance Agent.

I believe this other Albert DAVIES is the Albert DAVIES whose birth was registered Mar qtr 1869, Leominster
    And who, age 2, is with parents George & Mary in Leominster in 1871.
    And is still with them aged 12 in 1881. I don't see him in 1891 (by which time his mother is widowed).

I do wish you could trace where you got that birthdate for Albert BENSON of 19 July 1874. Could it possibly have been a mis-reading of 19 Jany 1874? This would then fit with that likely death of Sarah Ann DAVIES in the Mar qtr 1874.

Regards,

JAP

Al et al

Thanks, folks. I was offline for a while but we now back in cyberspace!

I am working on his DOB - unfortunately, I only learnt the importance of keeping a record of sources rather late in the piece.

Alisan

Al et al

I have been away for a while. For those of you still interested:
    George James Benson b. 1831 married 3x.

1. Hannah Brewer Boulds (or Gregg - bit confused here) = George, Thomas, Hannah, William, Fanny, Elizabeth.

2. Sarah Ann Davies (no m certificate found) = Frederick, Albert (no birth certificate)
    Sarah Ann dies just after Albert is born and it seems he is fostered out to Crumps.
    And in all the trauma, registration of Albert’s birth was overlooked.Sarah Ann(e) might be Sarah Ann DAVIES, age 35, wife of Henry Edwin DAVIES in the 1871 - an apparently childless couple who seem to have married in 1857, Sarah Ann possibly as HODGES.

3. Georgina Smith - step-mother to Frederick. m. in Liverpool.
    1881 census:James G. BENSON Head 50 Leominster, HRD Shoe Maker (b abt 1831)Georgina BENSON Wife 50 Lewes, Sussex Frederick BENSON Son 8 (b.1873) Leominster, Hereford Scholar

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345