A fountain of knowledge

Default James Walkers death in Bexhill about 1960

Hi...all my life I thought my "uncle Jim" my nans brother was younger than my nan.she was born 1894.I have him down as b c 1907
    Today someone found a James Walker b 1892 in the 1901 census and he is with my nans grandparents....so ,, I have fond memories of my uncle jim and I know he died in Bexhill on Sea about 1960....could someone please see if they can find a James Walker death in Bexhill about 1960 and give me his age at death please...I want to see if it matches an 1892 birth..or a 1907 birth...he was born in Broadbottom ,Cheshire...I have on freebmd
    James Henry Walker b sep qtr 1892 Hayfield 7b 844
    James Edward Walker b Jun qtr 1907 Hayfield 7b 950
    I would like to find which one of these is my uncle jim.....thanks
    regards.allan

pennydog

If you know the names of his parents you could fill this in on the gro application form so that they will only issue the certificate if the names tally. The charge will be £4 (not £7) if wrong, so at most it would only cost £11 (and you have a 50/50 chance of getting it right first time) to establish which of these birth registrations is the one that you want.
    Hope this helps.

A fountain of knowledge

Thanks Penny...yes, I do have his parents names...as a last resort I will do that...cheers...allan

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by garstonite
    James Henry Walker b sep qtr 1892 Hayfield 7b 844
    James Edward Walker b Jun qtr 1907 Hayfield 7b 950
    I would like to find which one of these is my Uncle Jim
    Rather than make an indeterminate search of the death index, does the 1911 census help at all?

For example

RG14/21307 Sch255
    (Original census in care of TNA)
    Hayfield
    James Edward WALKER, aged 3 living with parents John aged 28, bn Manchester and Mary Annie aged 25, bn Gattey, Cheshire

Does that match up with your information?

A fountain of knowledge

Thanks Geoffers.....it looks like you have found the wrong one....My James Walkers parents were Robert Walker and Zipporah Williamson....allan...need to check the 1901 census to see if James is on it ...be back soon
    ADDED...1901 census has
    16 market st Mottram
    Robert
    Zipporah
    Martha (my nan)....NO JAMES.....so I was Right ...Robert was b 1907....problem sorted....thanks for everyones help....cheers and regards....allan