agorm

Default Stephen CODY family CLONMEL, TIPPERARY

Want info about relatives of Stephen CODY (shoemaker) b. abt 1820 in Clonmel or Waterford who married Bridget abt 1840 in IRE. They moved to Manchester, Eng. abt 1845 to work there. Daughter Frances married Charles Slater and daughter Mary married Daniel Slater in Manchester.

pattenwalsh

ON FreeBMD there's a marriage of Mary Cody and a Daniel Slater in Manchester 1867 1st Quarter,Volume 8d,Page571.
    Can't find Frances and Charles but interestingly in 1868 4th Quarter Manchester
    Volume 8d,Page 712 there is a John Cody and a Mary Slater listed on this page along with two other people.

pattenwalsh

On the 1851 Census they are at 51 Portugale St,Manchester
    Stephen Cody 31 Shoemaker born Ireland
    Bridget Cody 31 Shoebinder born Ireland
    David Cody 10 Scholar born Ireland
    Fanny Cody 7 born Ireland
    John Cody 6 born Manchester
    Mary Cody 3 born Manchester
    Catherine Cody 1 born Manchester

Census Ref HO107 /2225/187/32

pattenwalsh

Then in 1871 Census ref RG10/4058/58/33 at Napier St,Newton,Manchester
    there is Daniel Slater and his wife Mary with their children and also note brother Charles Slater with Frances Slater age 26 born 1845 Ireland Clonmel shown as sister in law and this is probably Frances Cody .She now also has children,the eldest Annie born 1868 and Mary born 1870 and also now found their marriage. It was in the 1st Quarter of 1867 Manchester Volume 8d Page 586 transcribed as COADY.
    Last edited by pattenwalsh; 01-11-2009 at 11:28 PM. Reason: To add Charles Slater

agorm

Default Thank you for help

All the info you posted is greatly helpful for my Slater and Cody families. Thank you very much. Ann

terri3

Quote Originally Posted by agorm View Post
    All the info you posted is greatly helpful for my Slater and Cody families. Thank you very much. Ann
    Hi Ann, Terri from Australia here. I have rejoined the site.I have Stephen Cody living at 46 Pollard St. Ancoats Manchester, Shoemaker. That's from 1863 Street Directory for Manchester. Pollard St is not far from Portugal St where they were in 1851. I did not have that Info.for the 1851 Census. So glad I found your request site.