Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    drowning

Default Mary Elizabeth Crabtree

I have found her sister Ellen and also I have found issue still living from Ellen Crabtree but Mary Elizabeth born 1869 Atherstone Warwick England is proving a headache. As far as the living issue is concerned, she had never heard of Mary Elizabeth which is mighty odd being that Ellen was her grandmother and she has many memories of Ellen and passed down knowledge. I have three possible marriages for Mary Elizabeth one is to Greenwood another Stott and another Wood but colour me stupid I cannot find this lady anywhere. Is there any possibility of an 1891 lookup in the census please? Her parents were William Henry Crabtree and Annie (Watts) Crabtree who married in Manchester.
    Thank you so much

Does anyone have access to the 1891 Census please. The family were living in Ormskirk in 1881 in Church Road No 5 Any help would be really appreciated and thank you.

pennydog

Default Crabtree

Here they are in 1891 - but Mary Elizabeth is not with them

William Henry 1831 age 60
    Annie 1842 age 49
    Ellen 1874 age 17
    Lydia Watts widow 1802 age 89

92 Aughton St. Ormskirk (RG12/3042/97/13)

I can't find a birth registration in Warwickshire for a Mary Elizabeth Crabtree around 1869. I wonder if there is a mistake with the birthplace on the 1881 census? Or perhaps she was born there whilst her parents were on a visit to Warwickshire, and they knew she was born there, but she was actually registered when they returned home to Lancashire. Mary might then have given her place of birth as Lancashire if she had left home in 1891.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Further to above, there is a Mary Elizabeth Crabtree registered March qtr 1868 in Haslingden, Lancashire 8e page 166
    Sue Mackay

Mutley

I cannot find her in 1891 under Crabtree or any of the three married names using the birth place of Atherstone.

Maybe Sue is right and we should be looking at another birthplace.

Jan1954

Hello drowning,

How did you come by the information that Mary Elizabeth was born 1869 in Atherstone Warwick?

Mutley

Quote Originally Posted by Jan1954 View Post
    Hello drowning,

How did you come by the information that Mary Elizabeth was born 1869 in Atherstone Warwick?
    The 1881 census
    with mum, dad and Ellen.
    RG11/3755 F124 P33

Mutley

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Mackay View Post
    Further to above, there is a Mary Elizabeth Crabtree registered March qtr 1868 in Haslingden, Lancashire 8e page 166
    There is also a death registered for Mary Elizabeth Crabtree in Haslingden in 1868 age 0.

Maybe if they were on their travels they didn't get round to registering her. Some families had no consideration for their descendants
    Sue Mackay

Mutley

I am struggling to find them in 1871, I thought it might give a different place of birth. William says he was born in Blackburn, he was a tea dealer.
    There is a 7 year old William Crabtree in the 1841 census born about 1834 in Lancashire and living in Blackburn. Parents are George and Margaret.

I am just wondering if Annie is a second wife to William and Mary Eliz. is her daughter, registered under Annie's name.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast