Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mutley

In 1851 William is a 21 year old Tea Dealer and a lodger in the house of Martha Newman. Born Blackburn about 1830 and living in Preston.

HO107/2267; Folio: 682; Page: 29;

Mutley

Sorry Drowning, you probably have all this information but I need to work backwards to come forwards, if you see what I mean.

1861 census the Crabtrees are in Wigan at 10 Great George Street, they are all born in Blackburn except from young Mary who were all born in Wigan.

George at 50, 1811, a Bookeeper
    Margaret at 46, 1815
    William at 26, 1835, Labourer at Iron Foundry
    Sarah at 22, 1839, a Dressmaker
    Elizabeth at 20, 1841, a Power Loom Weaver
    Mary at 14, 1847
    Charles at 12, 1849
    Ellen at 10, 1851
    George at 8, 1853
    Frederick at 5

RG9; Piece: 2775; Folio: 58; Page: 11;
    At number 8 lived Robert Jolley, he was a Tea Dealer and perhaps that is how William became one.

Mutley

Ok, the marriage of William Henry Crabtree and Annie Watts was in Manchester in 1875 but Mary E. was born in 1868/69.

There is a birth registration for a Mary Elizabeth Watts in W, Derby in Lancashire in June 1867. Could this be her and she is Annie's child?

Though I still cannot find any of them in 1871,
    Drowning do you have that entry?

drowning

Default The vagaries of chasing Crabtrees

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    I am struggling to find them in 1871, I thought it might give a different place of birth. William says he was born in Blackburn, he was a tea dealer.
    There is a 7 year old William Crabtree in the 1841 census born about 1834 in Lancashire and living in Blackburn. Parents are George and Margaret.

I am just wondering if Annie is a second wife to William and Mary Eliz. is her daughter, registered under Annie's name.
    Yes you arte completey right. William Henry was married to Eliza Annie Stopperton in Braddan IOM 1853. Eliza Annie and he split up after 1861 and she went to West Derby and produced another William thereafter. Can't find his issue either but that is another bunker to be torn down. In April 1875 Eliza died in April 1875 William Henry married Annie Watts but their two girls were already born.
    Cannot thank you enough for your help. What an amazing bunch of people you are.
    N with so many thanks I could burst.

drowning

Default Not this family I believe.

Sorry Drowning, you probably have all this information but I need to work backwards to come forwards, if you see what I mean.

1861 census the Crabtrees are in Wigan at 10 Great George Street, they are all born in Blackburn except from young Mary who were all born in Wigan.

George at 50, 1811, a Bookeeper
    Margaret at 46, 1815
    William at 26, 1835, Labourer at Iron Foundry
    Sarah at 22, 1839, a Dressmaker
    Elizabeth at 20, 1841, a Power Loom Weaver
    Mary at 14, 1847
    Charles at 12, 1849
    Ellen at 10, 1851
    George at 8, 1853
    Frederick at 5

RG9; Piece: 2775; Folio: 58; Page: 11;
    At number 8 lived Robert Jolley, he was a Tea Dealer and perhaps that is how William became one.
    I THINK THIS IS NOT MY WILLIAM HENRY BUT THANK YOU.

drowning

Default mANCHESTER WEDDING

Ok, the marriage of William Henry Crabtree and Annie Watts was in Manchester in 1875 but Mary E. was born in 1868/69.

There is a birth registration for a Mary Elizabeth Watts in W, Derby in Lancashire in June 1867. Could this be her and she is Annie's child?

aHA YOU ARE A BEAUT SHEILA. Yes I knew he married in Manchester and I knew they were born out of wedlock. I think you have hit it on the head with West Derby but why would he be there when the children from his first marriage were so angry with him. i.e. on the marriage certificate of his daughter Eliza Annie Jnr who married Richard Ellison in West Derby the month after her mother died which was May 1875 -she put James as her father - James was her brother and she also said he was a Commercial Traveller which was not true either. I sometimes wonder what kind of web they were weaving. I think you are right though. The link with Warwickshire was that his son and daughter in law were in Wawickshire butchering away like a Vegetarians Nightmare!
    Thanks for this I will pursue diligently.

drowning

Default 1871 entry

No I cannot find them in the 1871 census at all but they might have been in West Derby. They seem to trek from Blackburn to Ormskirk to West Derby to Manchester and every place in between. So difficult.

drowning

Default WOW

In 1851 William is a 21 year old Tea Dealer and a lodger in the house of Martha Newman. Born Blackburn about 1830 and living in Preston.

HO107/2267; Folio: 682; Page: 29;
    This is fantastic news. I thought he was in Manchester but that must have been a different WH Crabtree. This is really putting the pieces together.
    Thank you so much.

drowning

Default A zillion thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pennydog View Post
    Here they are in 1891 - but Mary Elizabeth is not with them

William Henry 1831 age 60
    Annie 1842 age 49
    Ellen 1874 age 17
    Lydia Watts widow 1802 age 89

92 Aughton St. Ormskirk (RG12/3042/97/13)
    Thank you so much for that. William Henry's son James was in Ormskirk in 1891 then they divorced. This is fantastic news and thank you so much

drowning

Default Mary Elizabeth

I cannot find her in 1891 under Crabtree or any of the three married names using the birth place of Atherstone.

Maybe Sue is right and we should be looking at another birthplace.
    I think probably that she was registered as Watts but I will pursue this. I cannot believe what a wonderfully helpful bunch of persons you all are. I have been tracking this lady for 12 months and in one day most of it is resolved.
    thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast