pippycat

Default Gladys LLewellyn

Im looking for a birth record for Gladys (or Gwladys) Llewellyn b.1903/4. I can trace her in 1911 census (as Gladys age 7) she married George Emrys Davies 1923 in Pontypridd, Glamorgan (spelt Gwladys, age 19) and lived at both No. 11 + 12 Lewis Street, Pentre, Rhondda - she could possibly have been born there. Father is Charles LLewellyn, mother is Mary Ann (nee Amos, his 2nd wife). She may have died sometime in the 1960's in the Middlesex area but thats all I know. Ive spent many months on and off trying to find a record of a birth/death for Gwladys (with all the variants of both names) but I've had no luck. It would be really great if anyone can help me, cos its now driving me nuts!

MarkJ

There are a few Gwladys entries under Glamorganshire for the 1903/4 period. Have you ordered any of those certificates so that we can eliminate them?

Areas with Gwladys entries - Pontypridd, Newport (Gladys Ann) and Bridgend

Bearing in mind that traditionally, marriages tend to take place in the brides parish (but not always of course! And just because she may have been living there doesn't mean she was born there), the Pontypridd entries *may* be worth a look...

Mark

pippycat

No I haven't ordered certificates, I think because I was daft enough to believe I would find the "right one" if I looked hard enough (its ok, I know better now!). The reason I think Gwladys was born in Lewis St is the family have lived in the locality since 1880's and at that address since 1901 + my father was born there in 1923. Your advice is sound and I'll start ordering certificates from Pontypridd first as thats the district on my fathers B/cert. couldn't see it before, appreciate your help in clearing some of the fog!

The 1911 census says that G(w)ladys was born in Pentre, so you definitely want Pontypridd, but there are three possibles, all with first name Gwladys.
    Mar qtr 1904 11a 723
    Mar qtr 1904 11a 678
    Dec qtr 1904 11a 659
    although the last one would make her 6 in 1911.

Your best bet might be to contact the Pontypridd Registrar and get them to check the parents to ensure you get the right certificate.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

pippycat

Thanks very much Sue!

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Gwladys Llewelyn

Quote Originally Posted by pippycat View Post
    Im looking for a birth record for Gladys (or Gwladys) Llewellyn b.1903/4. I can trace her in 1911 census (as Gladys age 7) she married George Emrys Davies 1923 in Pontypridd, Glamorgan (spelt Gwladys, age 19) and lived at both No. 11 + 12 Lewis Street, Pentre, Rhondda - she could possibly have been born there. Father is Charles LLewellyn, mother is Mary Ann (nee Amos, his 2nd wife). She may have died sometime in the 1960's in the Middlesex area but thats all I know. Ive spent many months on and off trying to find a record of a birth/death for Gwladys (with all the variants of both names) but I've had no luck. It would be really great if anyone can help me, cos its now driving me nuts!
    Gwladys was my grandmother, I've got information and a photo if you still want it

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDavies View Post
    Gwladys was my grandmother, I've got information and a photo if you still want it
    Hello John,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

pippycat hasn't visited the forum for almost four years. Hopefully she still uses the same email address she used while active, and if so she should receive notification of your post.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello John Davies
    I was wondering would Gwladys Llewelyn lived at 28 Lewis street Pentre ? Plus does E M Lewis Blaenwaun (I think)mean anything to you ?
    Regards myra