Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    pottoka

Hello Wayne,

I haven't been on site for ages nor I have checked my emails for about three weeks so you'll have to forgive me for replying to you somewhat late. Sorry about that.

As for finding your records, you appear to be in luck for the originals (photos) of Mary's birth and death which I still have in a little-used email box. Thank goodness for Chrome which remembers all my email addresses - even the ones I got wrong when I entered them! Did I translate them for you/did you need them translating? I have had to change my computer since then, but the hard drive was saved so I may still have translations.

The Archives of the Seine Maritime are on line now so I can explain to you - tomorrow if you don't mind, as it's a bit long, and it's late to start now - how to find Daniel's birth registration which you will then be able to print directly. It may be better to do the same with Mary's details, to have less of an edge, but we'll see. Remind me if I've forgotten anyone.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your email address so that I can start sending copies to you tomorrow.

pottoka

To use the online BMDs of the department of the Seine Maritime, put www.archivesdepartementales76.net into your search engine and click. Under the title Archives départementales de Seine-Maritime, you will see two short columns of results; click on 'Archives en ligne'.

You will reach a page with four images to the left; click on the title of the top left-hand image 'L'état civil'. On the next page, click on 'Cliquez ici pour accéder à l'Etat Civil en ligne'

To look for Daniel's birth registration, choose "Graville" in the drop-down menu called 'commune' and enter 1847 and 1847 in the date boxes. Click on 'Rechercher'.

You will be offered four results: Décès (Deaths); Mariages; Naissances (Births) and Tables décennales (ten year registers for looking up births etc of which you don't know the date). Click on "Graville-l'Heure > Registres Etat Civil > Naissances" then double click on the book saying 262 images. This will open a new page which shows the actual register; you have to turn the pages to find Daniel's birth registration either by using the right-hand arrow on your computer or by clicking on the right hand side of the little book on the far right at the bottom of the page.

Daniel's entry is n° 190 on the left hand side of the register and starts "Du jeudi vingt-septième jour du mois de mai" because that's when the birth was registered. You can magnify it with the "magnifying glass" (it seems to need to be turned off, then turned back on, then you draw over the part you want magnified) or turn it sideways, but I don't know if it will print like that. You'll just have to try it out and see what works best for you.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hi thanks, I haven't been on for a few days and just seen this. I think you did translate as I don't speak English. I'll pm you my email address.

Thanks I will give it a try

Thanks, ok I got in easier as the link above takes you straight to where you select Etat Civil and it then pulls up the page to put in the place and years. I found them. Even found an index at the back of each book It would be good to have all 3 translated.
    I think it says Sarah's middle name is Helen or something like that. Daniel Justin Bruyn 1847 Graville birth Page 97 (entry 190), Mary Bruyn 1845 Graville birth page 74 (entry 146) and death 1846 page 155 (entry 305)

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hopeing the people searching for info on Margaret Bruyn & Francis Monaghan are still on line any info on these 2 would be greatly appreciated I'm related to their daughter Sarah Rosanna Monaghan

We are related then. Elizabeth Bruyn was my great grandmother

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12