Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EZARD

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Ezard

Quote Originally Posted by thewideeyedowl View Post
    The EZARD surname is now registered for a One-Name Study with the Guild of One-Name Studies. See this thread: https://www.british-genealogy.com/th...ighlight=EZARD.

To date, I have no more info on the Pennsylvania EZARDs that feature in this particular thread but they will be coming into the research before too long.

If you have any EZARD queries, please contact me.

Owl
    Hi
    I am researching the Ezard's & Watts families. I was very excited to stumble across this site! My husband, George W. Watts Jr.'s mother was Bertha Helen Ezard Rehkugler Watts. Her parents settled in Atglen, Pennsylvania then moved to Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Berth and her family were very active int he Salvation Army. Berthat said that her parents, Albert & Abbie(keller) Ezard were commisioned to Lancaster to establish the Salvation Army in this area. Bertha was active with the Army until her death in 2000.
    As I had no info from England I am most anxious to make the connection and add it to my gedcom file.
    Anxious to hear from you
    Cheers
    Shirley Watts

thewideeyedowl

Hi Shirley and a very warm welcome to Brit Gen...

The info you have seems to tie in with info provided by Allen Ezard in some of the posts above - look in particular at posts #11-#18.

My EZARD Study is currently in hibernation, because of massive changes in my life, so I will have to dust off the files, as it were, and see what I have got on the Lancaster, Pennsylvania, EZARDS. (Not a lot, if I remember aright!)

I am going to send a PM in a minute or two.

With best wishes

Owl

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by soxerman45 View Post
    Hi
    I am researching the Ezard's & Watts families. I was very excited to stumble across this site! My husband, George W. Watts Jr.'s mother was Bertha Helen Ezard Rehkugler Watts. Her parents settled in Atglen, Pennsylvania then moved to Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Berth and her family were very active int he Salvation Army. Berthat said that her parents, Albert & Abbie(keller) Ezard were commisioned to Lancaster to establish the Salvation Army in this area. Bertha was active with the Army until her death in 2000.
    As I had no info from England I am most anxious to make the connection and add it to my gedcom file.
    Anxious to hear from you
    Cheers
    Shirley Watts
    Hi Shirley
    Alfred Ezard was not the father of Albert and Bertha their birth name was Fletcher, if you see my previous post this will, I hope explain. I've been looking for a Ezard link with the Salvation Army over here and I came up with a newspaper article from the Manchester Courier dated 10 April 1874. This is a letter was from the Bradford and Clayton Temperance Hall where James Ezard (Alfred's father) proposed a motion deeply regretting that the Bishop of Manchester should use the great influence which he possesses from his position in the Christian Church in favour of the use of intoxicating drinks. This seems to have upset the Bishop as he sent a stinging letter in reply. James died in 1883 and buried Philips Park Cemetery, Manchester 11 Apr 1883 in Not Consecrated ground, which I don't understand.
    Cheers Ian

masmeltzer

Default Hey Shirl

Quote Originally Posted by soxerman45 View Post
    Hi
    Anxious to hear from you
    Cheers
    Shirley Watts
    Hi Shirl, see you found my thread. I haven't followed up on any of this information but have been watching it closely. Have you found any additional information?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123