Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    ROSIA12

Default Help wanted please to find a marriage

Am trying to find the marriage of Albert Alexandra and Gwendoline Woodhams, know it was in Chelsea ,London sometime in the 1930's. Need page number etc, so I can order the certificate. Any help greatly appreciated as I can't find it on BMD etc.

v.wells

You have to search the complete GRO index by yr and quarters from 1916 on unless you have a sub.

Found Albert V. Alexandra to Elizabeth K. Dwyer 1916 Woolwich 1d 2438 2Q but nothing after that unless mistranscribed/spelled wrong. Will keep looking.

ROSIA12

Thank you ,I too have seen that one ,its not the right one. Know for certain the marriage took place , they were my grandparents , unfortunatly when they were alive I didn't take the opportunity to find anything out.

Mutley

The only one I can see is Gwendoline D Woodhams to Alan J McDonald in Cranbrook Kent in Sept 1935.

Loads of Albert Alexander marriages but not to a Gwendoline and that is going from 1925 to 1945.
    Any idea if they may have used other first names? though I cannot see a Woodhams to Alexander marriage. Sorry

v.wells

Birth
    Gwendoline Woodhams 1909 Chelsea 1a p 354 3Q

Marriage
    Gwendoline Woodhams to Joseph Thompson 1932 6b p 77 Stone, Staffs 3Q

None other found.

ROSIA12

Not that I am aware .It seems you have found the wall I have hit.The only other info I have is my mum Diane was born in Hammersmith 1941 and her brother Derek in 1939.

ROSIA12

Default V wells

Thank you .The 1909 Gwendoline is my Nan and I have the certificate for her birth.

v.wells

Quote Originally Posted by ROSIA12 View Post
    Not that I am aware .It seems you have found the wall I have hit.The only other info I have is my mum Diane was born in Hammersmith 1941 and her brother Derek in 1939.
    Have you got the b cert for your mother. It should say whether there is a formerly/late or past surname on it. I was going to suggest army/overseas marriage but you seem quite definite about it occurring in Chelsea. Will check TNA for divorces.

No divorces for either name - it only goes to 1937
    Last edited by v.wells; 07-10-2009 at 5:14 PM. Reason: added last bit

ROSIA12

Default V Wells

Yes I have her birth certificate and there is no indication of that .The information I have came from her and that her husband my grandfather died in 1951 which I have found the reference for.

v.wells

Have you got the death cert - it will state the informant/wife's name - but you probably know that. There must be a spelling error somewhere along the way then.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast