Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    MythicalMarian

Quote Originally Posted by merseyclyder1970 View Post
    MythicalMarian,

Having been away from this site for months, I looked on the forum to see if anything interesting had been posted and I came across your post. I would just like to say that I think that you have a very interesting idea, and I would like to wish you every success in your endeavour. Good luck.
    Thank you very much, Merseyclyder. I have drafted quite a few of the little 'tales' now, so I'm well on the way with the project.

Hey MM that sounds like something I would read. Please don't tell me you haven't started yet. I have been writing up my research for a couple of years (started when I had to be on hand for my wife after her hip operation - visits to the library were out for a couple of months) but I lack the artistic/creative ability to create anything along the lines you are proposing so, with my scientific training to the fore, I have contented myself with an annotated catalogue of players - hopefully it is not as "dry" as it sounds. It IS well researched though
    Good luck with your endeavour (although I am sure, as always, good management will obviate the need for luck)
    daryl

Hils Hoppo

Smile

I have just picked up on this thread because the title caught my eye. I have been emailing various cousins around the world for sometime now with the latest discoveries and have also sent them the full tree as it stands to date with over 300 names going back, on 2 branches, to the 1690's.

It occurred to me that this must all seem a bit dis-jointed to anyone who hasn't actually laboroured over the research until their eyes could take no more! So what I've done alongside the list of major events in a particular line, such as b/m/d's and census, is to write an account of one person's life. For example the latest is my Gt Grandma who was born the youngest of 8 children of a shipwright in Rotherhithe. I've elaborated on all the events that would have shaped her life including tragic deaths and a couple of spells in the poorhouse. I'm afraid there doesn't seem to have been much joy in her life, but she comes across as being a person who spent her whole life caring for the others in her life.

What I've tried to do is 'bring her alive' to others the way she is to me in the hope that the present members of the family will start to see how these ancestors have shaped our lives and made us the people we are today.

I love writing but don't think I am up to writing a whole 'novel' about my ancestors but who knows in time these short accounts may just grow!

Good luck to all those embarking on a similar mammoth task and also I cannot thank enough all you wonderful people who have looked things up for me and solved mysteries just when I have felt like giving up - what would we do without you all!!

Rachandgarry

Wow, it sounds like a wonderful idea! Good luck!

It is a very pertinent question I would think for all genealogists, how to present it all, what to do with it... I'm still undecided (and still in research stage!) but can't imagine that I would be creative enough to do what you are doing. I am more of a science/maths girl, so having anything other a list with simple dates and places would be brilliant for me!

I liked all the title suggestions, Ancestral Vices, Lices etc... right now mine would have to be called "Ancestral Idiots - people designed to ruin my research!!" tee hee, just kidding!

Best of luck with your work,
    Rachel

v.wells

Quote Originally Posted by Rachandgarry View Post
    "Ancestral Idiots - people designed to ruin my research!!"

Rachel
    Love that Rachandgarry! What a great title! I may have to borrow it!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234