Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Knowledgeable and helpful

Default The Shepherd Family

Ronone

The information is fascinating and I will take it all in slowly.
    What a name 'Were'!
    We were lucky the family provided so generously for my family, how differerent life might have been.
    I do appreciate your efforts.
    ELMA

Keyboard86

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard86 View Post
    Hi Elma, have along with Ronone spent an interesting night, trying to find out all the BMD's of the Shepperd family, I have left it with Ronone to add our findings, and they will be posted on this thread later tonight.

One for you though is the Death of Edith Wollaston nee Shepperd in Dec qtr 1911 Newton Abbot 5b 116 aged 62.

See you soon as I am off for 5 days.

Keyboard
    Hi Elma, due to combinations of possibles Ronone and I, will have to leave yourself or others, the search for the following births/deaths.
    HJS? Shepherd b c 1833
    Esther/Louisa Shepherd b c 1839
    Emily Shepherd b c 1847
    Edith Shepherd b c 1849
    Father Joseph
    Mother Esther
    Also death/possible remarriage of Frederick James Starr.
    Keyboard86

Keyboard86

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard86 View Post
    Hi Elma, as Katherine/Catherine/Rosina/Sarah Clements liked to change her forename at each census, could this possibly be her death.
    Sarah R K Starr Dec qtr 1938 Taunton 5c 311 aged 67, this ties in with a birth c 1871.
    Keyboard86
    Hi Elma, I think this is possibly the death of Frederick James Starr:-

June qtr 1939 Bristol 6a 112 aged 66, I also searched for a re-marriage that you thought possible, there is a marriage of a Frederick J Starr to a Winifred V Pymm Bristol June qtr 1938 6a 177, but this lady would have been only 19 at the time of the marriage, possible but unlikely don't you think!

In your PM you mentioned that you had received the death certificate of Sarah, was it indeed the right one?

Keyboard86

Default Sarah Katherine Rosina Starr

Thanks Keyboard
    Yes my death certificate is the right one, Sarah died 23rd Dec 1938 of a Cerebral Haemorrhage. The informant was G H Bond, brother in law. If Frederick did die a few months later perhaps he was too unwell to register the death! They only had three or four years together but were supposed to be very happy!
    Thanks again
    ELMA

Hi Everyone
    Just wanted to update you all and especially Keyboard.
    I have been very slow here my apologies but eventually I located the will of Emily Pim Shepherd. I had always thought that our family especially my aunt Sarah Katherine Rosina Clements had benefited from this. I was not disappointed Emily did leave Aunt Sarah both a lump sum and trust fund for life. She was also left furnitures and a painting of Teighmouth Estuary. Aunt Sarah was referred to as my faithful friend and she did better than the many relatives.
    It was quite warming. I think the Shepherd family were a good family and Aunt Sarah was well thought of. After her awful start in various workhouses and being sent out to service at 10years, life could have been worse.
    Thanks Everyone
    ELMA

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678