Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Loves to help with queries

Default SUPER SLEUTHS REQUIRED

I'm not sure if I should put this here or it is not the thing to do but want to help a Family that at one time lived in Bristol.

After my Mothers death and the clearing of her house I found a large cardboard box owned by a tenant that had been in the house some 15 years earlier. This box is packed full of pictures, family letters, childrens drawings and among other things a Family Charter dated 1895 and what appears to be a large iron key?

I have tried various ways to contact a member of this Family to return these priceless items, all to no avail.

I have the name of the lady in question who I am sure would now not be living.

Can you super sleuths with your detective instincts, guide me?

Many thanks
    Alison

Astoria

Default Mmm how interesting...

Lucky you, I would love a find like that.

Have you found the death certificate of the lady?

Is there any sign of her on the 1911 census?

I imagine you will have tried the phone directories, for possible family members, is it an unusual name?

Please guys I need your help. This is a box of Family history, exactly what each and every one of us here is researching. Can I just post the family surname, perhaps it's one of you, it's not Smith or Jones. I cannot keep this for much longer, I am moving and space is not available.
    Thank you
    Alison

Astoria

Alison, I think it is probably OK to put the surname alone onto the surname interests forum.

ok, Surname of this Family is Nixon Eckersall. On FMB zilch. This box contains condolence letters, cards etc of her daughter and grandaughters death one year after marriage in a fatal car crash,
    Alison

Astoria

I would put the surname here too, please don't post any names of anyone who may still be living. Just add the town or county to your thread, it is quite an unusual name so if anyone is searching you may get lucky.

Good luck

Nicolina

have you checked FreeBMD There are dozens of ECKERSALLs listed. You could then find out the son in law's name and try tracking that line. It would give you another avenue to go down.

Jan1954

Alison,

You may wish to send a PM to raineshoe to see if they have any connection.

There are hundreds of them. I can't work out why all the documentation I have states Nixon Eckersall and yet nothing comes up on FMB. Type it into the internet and yes I get a hit with army/navy records and I know this is correct, but no response to my posts.
    Alison

Astoria

If you go to the 1911 census and put Nixon as the first name and Eckersall as the surname there are a few hits in the right area.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast