shoecrazymac

Default can anyone please help me.....???

i am trying to find out about my grandfather joseph robinson (better know as joss robinson)as far as i know he was always a miner & he worked in quite a few different pits all over west yorkshire,the last pit he worked in before he reitired in about 1970 was parkhill pit in wakefield west yorkshire were he worked on the pump, he always was a very big union man & went to every meeting he could attend,as a child i can always remember going to the miners marches & demonstrations with him,is there any way i can get hold of his work or union history so we might be able to figure out were he was living as we havent any idea were he was from about 1915 after his mother died until he married my grandmother in 1939 in wakefield

shoecrazymac

thank you for your reply,i have already been in contact with the n.u.m iam waiting for a reply from them,do you have any other suggestions that could help me
    thanx anna

Plonker

Thumbs up genesreunited

try joining genesreunited, its free to start off.
    i found 6 generations of miners in my family tree one i knew of already. now im back to 1795.takes time but very easy going.
    goodluck
    plonk