bendenney

Talking 10 years and counting!

Hi everyone,

I've been researching my Father's side since he passed away in 1999. I've so far managed to uncover a mysterious gtgt grandfather called CELESTO CASOLI from somewhere unknown, a link to Oz (Geelong, Ballarat Vic), and various relatives that my side had lost contact with. It's a shame we didn't start earlier...everyone change their name to DENNEY from CASOLI, but my grandfathers brothers and sister refused to explain why, and now no one knows!! Many walls have suddenly fallen through sheer chance, so can never give up...
    Lots more to look up, including a gtgt uncle in belfast, and a whole JOYCE side supposedly stage performers...no rest for me!

Good luck everyone
    Ben

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by bendenney View Post
    It's a shame we didn't start earlier...everyone change their name to DENNEY from CASOLI, but my grandfathers brothers and sister refused to explain why, and now no one knows!!
    Hi Ben, sounds like you've had some good results so far. I wonder if along the line a Snr. Casoli wished to Marry a Miss Denny-whose Family paid him to take the Denny name & keep it 'on the books'. Has been known to happen.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Famous for offering help & advice gortonboy's Avatar

hi,,Casoli seems to be a SWISS name,,,,,found 3 Casolis in the censuses,,,all in seperate places,,,all born Switzerland.

JAP1

Hi Ben,

It would be good if you could start a thread - say in 'Brickwalls' - listing everything you know about Celesto.

There were certainly many Swiss immigrants in the Ballarat-Castlemaine area of Victoria in the 19th century.

Best of luck,

JAP