ann johnston

Smile mackett family born 1789 more info needed

could you please help me i am reasearching my family tree
    the info i have is as follows
    a george sgt mackett was born in 1789 i know he married a catherine tanner in 1814
    but i have now idea who his brothers and sisters are i have got their children
    i would also like to try and find out who is parents where as well
    i would be grateful for anybodies help

this could be the brookland / lydd area of kent

many thanks

ann

bobmackett

Default George Mackett of Lydd

Ann: I would like to know who you think the brothers and sisters of George Sargent are and what data you have to support your idea?
    I am guessing that they were Thomas, John Susan and Elizabeth, the Childre of Thomas Mackett d. 1820 Dymchurch and Susannah Cladingbold 1753- 1789

I am researching the Mackett name in England...
    TIA Bob Mackett, Cochrane AB Canada

ChrisDay

Default Mackett Family

I have quite a detailed family tree for Macketts on Genes reuinited. Happy to help with research.

Chris Day

eddie171150

My wifes great grandfather was George Sargent Mackett c1789. We live in the town of Lydd Kent UK and have searched the towns parish records for Georges birth record but have found none. on the 1841 1851 census George age puts his birth at about 1789 yet there is no record of birth or baptism at that time. also there is nothing to confirm who his parents were. when George and his wife Catherines children were baptised in Lydd the parish records show they were all baptised as "Sargent" except the last two who were baptised Sargent Mackett. One of these was my wifes great grandfather John Sargent Mackett. We believe that Georges father may have been somebody of standing by the name of Sargent maybe a doctor or the like and that he may have had a relationship with somebody below stairs perhaps a maid or similar. George may have discovered this later in life as he adopted the name Sargent Mackett as shown on the 1861 census. there were a couple of familys named Sargent at the time of Georges birth but nothing that ties George to them. there was a marriage in 1788 of Thomas Sargent and a Susannah Hunt but no record of them having a son named George.