Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Muju1

Hi

I am new to this site today and I am just wondering if you have a connection to the Eatons of Cavan as my Mum was Katherine Eaton from Breffni Terrace and KATE EATON Senior was her Grandmother

Thanks

Mary

Muju1

Hi Franny

I am new to this site and am just reaching out to contact people who have previously responded to Patrick Barnes, I am the daughter of Katherine Eaton whose biological mother was Kate Eaton and whose Grandmother was also Kate Eaton who then became Kate Lee. I am just wondering what your connection is to the Eatons, if any

Kind regards

Mary

Muju1

Hi Anne Marie

Are you by any chance Annie Redmond's Daughter in Dublin as I know my Mum had loads of correspondence with her. My Mum was Kathleen Redmond from Galway but her Maiden name was Katherine Eaton daughter of Kate Eaton and Granddaughter of Kate Eaton Senior who later became Kate Lee. I remember well the frequent visits to Galway by Eddie and Molly and their children when I was younger. I knew they lived in Dublin but never found out their address but thankfully only a couple of weeks ago I went to Cavan and met Phyllis and her daughter and they were able to provide me with the contact details. I am hoping to make contact with Angela and Sonny soon. Would love to hear from you. My home town was Athenry, but I am now living in Galway City.

Kind regards

Mary

Regards

Mary
    Last edited by Muju1; 15-02-2013 at 5:44 PM. Reason: bad grammar

antoe2

Hi Mary, I sent this mail to Ann Marie last month but have heard nothing back. But It appears that we may also be related. My name is Anthony Eaton & I just saw your post looking into Eaton geneology. And have got very excited as it seem that I have found out more of my family history from your post.

You mention in part of your post:

"Eddie and Molly. I do not know her maiden name. They had children called Sonny, Eugene, Dolores. Eugene later lived in 15 Cashel Road Crumlin Dublin 12."

I can confirm that Eddie & Molly were my great grandparents. Molly's maiden name was Gorman from Ushers Quay, she was a street dealer (fruit & sweets) They're children were Patrick(My Grandad)(Deceased), Sonny(Eddie), Phylis (Deceased), Eileen(Deceased), Angela, Seamus, Charlie, Delores & Eugene. Eugene grew up in 15 Cashel Road & sold it in the 90's.

My dad is Patricks son and from this i think my dad (Paddy) is your second cousin & me your third cousin

I couldn't post this message in public, as i only joined site when i saw your post.

We live in Dublin also.

franny48

Quote Originally Posted by pattenwalsh View Post
    There's 3 year old Anne Eaton shown as a step-daughter in Breffni Terrace (Cavan Urban,Cavan) and also in the same area is a Sheridan family with a Kate aged 24 but shown as single.
    Kate Sheridan aged 24 lived at 1 Breffni Tce.. She was my Grandmother and she lived at the terrace surrounded by related family groups, although I have never heard the name Eaton mentioned in that time period.

patrick barnes

Red face

For all of you who have kindly responded to these threads and provided much valuable information, you may be interested in the following which has been extensively researched over some considerable time:

Descendants of Charles Eaton and Mary Dempsey

Generation One
    Charles Eaton, occupation Apple dealer/green grocer/news vendor born about 1835 in County Cavan, married on 1st December 1860 to Mary Dempsey also born in County Cavan about 1839 and lived on the Half Acre. Witnesses at the marriage were Francis Cannon and Cora Stephens. Charles died in 1909 aged 74 years Mary in 1904 aged 65 years.

Children of Charles and Mary are:

1. Patrick Eaton b: 1864, Cavan m: Catherine Lee Sheridan 23rd July
    d. 1893
    2. James Eaton b: 1865, Cavan
    3. Charles Eaton b: 24th May 1866, died in the same year, Cavan
    4. Mary Anne Eaton b: 14th September 1867, Cavan
    5. Charles Eaton b: 23rd September 1869, Cavan
    6. Francis Eaton b: 15th January 1872, Cavan
    7. Elizabeth Eaton b: 16th August 1874, Cavan
    8. William Eaton b: 12th August 1877, Pudding Lane, Cavan

Generation Two
    Patrick Eaton was born 28th January 1864 on the Half Acre, County Cavan and passed away in 1909 due to blights disease. He married Katie Lee Sheridan also born in County Cavan 1871. Katie remarried John Lee from County Cavan around 1910.

Children of Patrick and Katie are:
    1. Katie Eaton b: 1895 Cavan
    2. Nellie Eaton b: 1896 Belfast City
    3. Mary Eaton b: 1899 Belfast City
    4. Charles Eaton b: 1902 Cavan
    5. Edward Eaton b: 1904 Cavan
    6. Patrick Eaton b: 1906 Cavan
    7. Anne Eaton b: 1909 Cavan, m: Thomas Redmond, 1948 d: 2009

Generation Three
    Patrick Eaton (Tailor, formally soldier in the British Army) born 29th August 1906 in Mill Street, County Cavan and passed away on 16th August 1977 at 2 Holly Street, Lincoln City, England. Patrick married Alice McMahon on 1st June 1930. Alice was born on 27th November 1907 in Cavan the daughter of John McMahon (General dealer) born 1875 in County Fermanagh and Mary Reilly, born 27th November 1881 on the Half Acre, Cavan. John McMahon and Mary Reilly were married 1898 in County Cavan. Alice passed away on 16th January 1961 at 50 Great Northern Terrace, Lincoln City, England.

Children of Patrick and Alice are:

1. Patricia Mary Eaton b: 1931, Cavan
    2. Anthony Eaton b: 1932, Cavan
    3. Philomena Eaton b: 1935, Cavan
    4. Evelyn Eaton b: 1938, Cavan
    5. Kathleen Veronica Eaton b: 1940, Cavan
    6. Eileen Alice Eaton b: 1944, Cavan
    7. Patrick Eaton b: 1946, Cavan
    8. Anne Eaton b: 1950, Cavan
    9. John J Eaton b: 1951, Cavan
    Last edited by patrick barnes; 03-03-2013 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Spelling error.

patrick barnes

Further to the information I have recently provided, I ask that if any one has any further details or stories that can be added, espesially in relation to the Eaton ancestry, I would really appreciate it. Many thanks.

antoe2

Quote Originally Posted by patrick barnes View Post
    What was your Uncle Eddie doing in Dublin. What was Eddies wife, Molly maiden name.
    Hi Patrick,

My Great Grandfather Eaton Is the above mentioned Edward Eaton b. 1904. His son Patrick b: 1929 d: 1996 was my grandfather & his grandson is my dad b: 1955. We live in Dublin, i can confirm that he & his family lived @ 15 Cashel Road, Crumlin, Dublin 12. Molly's Maiden name was Gorman, they had 8 children 3 who have passed away and the remaining 5 live in Dublin, Kerry, Basildon & Northern England. The family home was sold in the late 90's early 00's.
    Edward was Fmr. Irish Army and my dad can remember him being an office worker. Molly was a street dealer. I am going to speak to my Grandmother (Edwards Daughter In Law) and hopefully my dads uncles to see if i can get dates and stories . The only pic i have seen of Edward & Molly was taken in 1979 2 years before he passed away at my mam & dads wedding im sure there is plenty more.

Regards,

Anthony Eaton

patrick barnes

Hi Anthony,

Fantastic information, you must be as curious as I am wanting to step back in time. It's very interesting that your Great grandad served in the Irish Army. Eddies brother, Patrick Eaton who was my Grandad served most of the second war in North Africa and came home with an injury. I've been trying to find out what happend to the oldest brother Charles Eaton. My mum has many membories of Eddie as he used to visit the family in Cavan. Any further information you have will be great.

Regards,

Patrick

Muju1

Hi Antoe

Great to hear from you. Eddie and Molly Eaton were as you said parents to Sonny, Eugene and Dolores and lived in Dublin and I believe that Sonny is still living in Cashel Road.

Eddie was my Mums God Father as he was her Mum Kate's Sister. I am living in Galway and happily married to a Dub from Walkinstown. It is great that we have been able to trace our ancestors back so far. I only wish that I could find out what happened to my Grandmother Kate Eaton, I know she left my Mum when she was four years old and went to live in the UK, Mum never saw her again but through Eddie we discovered that she got married in the UK and did have other children. Sadly it was only since my Mum passed away four years ago that I began my research and a Christmas Gift of a weekend in Cavan brought me to meet Phylis who is the only remaining Eaton in Cavan now. you can email me on maryjoemurphy AT eircom DOT net and I can give you further info. Thank you so much for replying to my posting.

Mary
    Last edited by Jan1954; 07-03-2013 at 6:20 PM. Reason: Email address edited so that the spammers don't get you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast