Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Jellylegs View Post
    If these are the people you are looking for, then I also found them in earlier censuses.

1910 USA Federal Census (at Precinct 4, Silver Bow, Montana)
    William T (52)
    Alice (49)
    Harold (25) - could this be Willie/William G?
    Gordon (21) - could this be Thomas H?
    Myrtle E (17)
    Jame A BALL (22) born England
    Francis SIMCOCK (41) born England
    John E BALL (50) born England

Have to go out now for a while, but when I get back I will have a look for the other people you mention.

Jellylegs
    Hi again, this is definitely my kin-folk.

John E Ball is the husband of Ellen [Alice's sister] and James A. is John and Ellen's son. The Hannah I mentioned is their daughter whose husband died in a mining accident in November 1914 in Montana. Isaac Odgers is/was Hannah's husband as of 1920.

My grandmother was the only Ball daughter to remain in England.

Don't recognize Mr. Simcock at this moment in time - but you never know?????

If the name wasn't already taken [by you] this news is making my wobbly - hence Jellylegs

Cheers
    Colin

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by JAP1 View Post
    The dates for James and his siblings on the IGI are baptism dates rather than birth dates.

There are the baptisms of 9 children in Germoe to a John MOLLARD & an Alice listed in the IGI - William 1817, John 1818, James 1821, Elizth. Tepache (sic) 1823, Nicholas 1825, Richard 1826 d 1829, Alexander 1828, Richard 1832.

Alice might be the following from the IGI:
    Alice TYRACK, bap 4 Jun 1788, Helston, parents Nicholas TYRACK & Elizabeth (even allowing for the rounding down, this would have made Alice older than the 45 recorded in 1841).
    There is a submitted entry in the IGI for a marriage of Alis TYRACK & John MOLLARD, 19 Jul 1814, Helston.

Regards,

JAP
    As I mentioned earlier I am reactivating this thread and concentrating on the marriage of John Mollard and Alice Tyrack that was on 19 July 1814 in Germoe. One of the witnesses was John Mollard - possibly his father. The reason I was unable to find this marriage originally, is that on the Cornwall OPC site for Germoe, it is transcribed as MOLLORD.

Given the number of children that they had between 1815 and 1832, and using baptism dates, I looked into the backgrounds of Alice and John.

Alice TYRACK was baptized 4 June 1788 and her parents were Nicholas and Elizabeth [formerly Donnithorn[e]. She had 3 siblings - James, Elizabeth and Kitty - at least these baptisms have been found. Nicholas died and was buried 11 December 1822 in Helston and Elizabeth died and was buried about 2 years earlier, also in Helston. She died and was buried in Germoe 30 October 1849. Her age at death was recorded as 61. Her birth, baptism and marriage were all in Helston.

John Mollard - based upon the premise that his father was also named John - died and was buried in Germoe 4 May 1854. His age at death is indicated as 62. If the age is correct then he was born about 1792. The 1851 census when he is enumerated as a Widower with his 2 children Elizabeth and Richard at Boscreage, his age is stated as 58.

So I went looking for a baptism in Germoe for a John, son of John baptised about 1792. Only 1 turned up - John son of John and Jane - was baptised 2 September 1792.

The only marriage of a John Mollard to a Jane that I can find is the following:
    10 May 1768 in St. Erth, a John Mollard [a Sojourner] married a Jane Potter of the parish after Banns read 27 March, April 3 & 10 1768. Since the baptism of John was 24 yeras after the marriage date it seemed likely that other children were born and I found 8 born between 1768 and 1792 - 2 Jane's 1768 and 1769, Susanna 1772, David 1778, 3 John's 1781, 1787 and 1792 and Richard 1790.

This made sense - particularly if Jane was about age 20 when she married John - so was likely mid-late 40's when he was born in 1792. However the only death and burial for a Jane Mollard in Germoe was on 22 February 1814 for a resident of the town of Breage who was aged 75. If the transcription and register is correct then she was born about 1739, was aged about 29 when she married and close to 53 when John was baptised.

Can this be his rightful family?

Colin

Colin Rowledge

Default EVERYWHERE ANOTHER JOHN MOLLARD POPS UP!!

Not another John Mollard from Germoe - darn it!!!

Alexander - son of John and Alice [Tyrack] married a Jane Eade on 13 October 1849.

The parents of Jane Eade were James and Mary. Mary's maiden name was Mollard and Mary, along with a sister Martha were baptised in Germoe 23 June 1794.

Their parents were - you guessed it - John Mollard and Joan Eade who married in Germoe 10 August 1783.

Colin

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Rowledge View Post
    Not another John Mollard from Germoe - darn it!!!

Alexander - son of John and Alice [Tyrack] married a Jane Eade on 13 October 1849.

The parents of Jane Eade were James and Mary. Mary's maiden name was Mollard and Mary, along with a sister Martha were baptised in Germoe 23 June 1794.

Their parents were - you guessed it - John Mollard and Joan Eade who married in Germoe 10 August 1783.

Colin
    Spent most of yesterday afternoon and early evening, as well as this morning looking various baptces as suggested on F.S. as suggested by others on site and by private message.

Mollard is a fairly common name in gothe Germoe and what I believe is a neighbouring parish - Breage. Now I've got listings for John and James and sorting out who married who and what son/daughter belongs is giving me a head ache. I would like suggestions on how to proceed - I could give some examples, but only if requested as I don't want to waste space on the forum.

Colin

MarkJ

No idea if there is one, but perhaps worth checking if there is a One Name study for Mollard (actually just looked and there isn't one so forget that!)

Maybe make a list of the various entries - give each one a reference number - and then work out the obvious duplicate entries and remove those from the equation.
    Then it is time to locate the ones you know about and their marriages, baptisms etc and join those all up.
    The rest will involve looking at census entries, parish records etc to identify them.

I did something similar with some of the entries for one of my lines - but I was lucky and another person had done his own branch of the same family (who were distant from mine) and thus I had less to do.

Perhaps worth seeing how many times Mollard (and variants) turns up on the various census' in Cornwall. That would give you the sort of spread for your family....

Germoe and Breage are a fair way from me, but well worth contacting the OPCs for those areas.

I don't recall seeing the name in St Enoder parish, so perhaps it is specific to the South of Cornwall?

Just plonked Mollard into the baptisms on the OPC database, and the first 50 hits were all in the Breage, Germoe and St Hilary areas. A couple of slightly further up ones in Gwinear and Perranarworthal. The next 50 have a few Camborne and Penzance etc ones - but still all very much the bottom end of Cornwall.

Colin Rowledge

Default Elizabeth Jane Mollard

Have been following on and up with the suggestions from post 45 and am building quite a tree-house. It is fun and distracting me from other matters [not for discussion here!]

From the marriage of James to his 1st wife Ann/Nancy, there were 3 children - Elizabeth Jane, James and John. Both James and John died [age 20 and 1] however Elizabeth Jane who was, at the age of 16, working as a Tin Miners Assistant, in 1861 was living with her father, stepmother and numerous full and half-siblings.

After the death of her brother James, who was buried on 2 May 1867, she later moved to Paul, Cornwall and married a fisherman by the name of Richard Dennis. The marriage was on 19 September 1869. The only discrepency from the naming of her father from the marriage of her 2 half-sisters was in the occupation - he was a Tin Miner in both 1861 and 1871, whereas she listed his occupation as a Labourer.

The 1871 census has Elizabeth Jane, living with her husband Richard, his parents - George and Sarah [both in their 70's - and a sister named Jane. The census reference is RG10/2239/12/15.

By the 1881 census, the parents of Richard are in the Workhouse and Jane is a domestic servant. There is no trace of Jane and Elizabeth

I can't find 'em. Given the occupation of Richard a death at sea likely rather than immigration, but nothing shows up and also there are no traceable remarriage's for Elizabeth Jane

Colin

MarkJ

Totally off the topic, but I came across a Mollard last night as a witness at one of the St Enoder marriages I am currently transcribing. I shall pass it on via PM later (my wife pinched the relevant laptop early this morning for work, so I had to await its return!)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345