Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    tom angus

Quote Originally Posted by knightnurse View Post
    Hi, not sure if we're related or not but my Grandad was an Ebenezer Erskine Oswald Allison, my Dad is William Oswald Allison from Lossiemouth, I realise the posts were from 2009 but maybe you are still on the site. Love to hear from you.

DLK
    we are related but far out

alisonbutcher

Quote Originally Posted by tom angus View Post
    hi we are related but far out your thomas was my great grandfather william brother
    As we have the same GG grandparents, does that make us third cousins, then??

tom angus

yes plobly i have loads of info on the allison family and do have the gargill family on it married in to the allison i dont use this site you can email me at t DOT angus145 AT btinternet DOT com
    Last edited by Procat; 01-04-2013 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Telephone removed as we are probed by spammers

RUSS ALLISON

Default The Allison's

Quote Originally Posted by alisonbutcher View Post
    Ebenezer E O Allison is also a relation of mine. He is my G G grandfather. His son Thomas was my G grandfather and his daughter Lily was my Granny. I have just started researching this side of the family so would welcome any help in finding other relatives.
    Hello Alison,
    Your ggrandfather Thomas was my grandfather James Paton Allison's brother.
    I see that Tom Angus has already replied to your request, and as Tom has much more information on the family than myself, I will leave you to Tom.
    Regards and I wish you success in your quest. Russ Allison
    P.S. There are three family members named Ebenezer Erskine Oswald Allison that I know of.

alisonbutcher

Quote Originally Posted by RUSS ALLISON View Post
    Hello Alison,
    Your ggrandfather Thomas was my grandfather James Paton Allison's brother.
    I see that Tom Angus has already replied to your request, and as Tom has much more information on the family than myself, I will leave you to Tom.
    Regards and I wish you success in your quest. Russ Allison
    P.S. There are three family members named Ebenezer Erskine Oswald Allison that I know of.
    Hello Russ
    Thank you for your message. Yes, Tom has given me a lot of help to get started. I have noticed that my granny's brother Ebenezer Erskine Oswald Allison has a son called Russell. Since you are Russ I was wondering if that is another family name and if so where it originated form?
    Alison

RUSS ALLISON

Hello Alison
    Yes, Russell is a family name that has been passed down through the generations. Your ggrandfather Thomas's sister-in-law was Annie Russell Hutton (my grandmother), the wife of James Paton Allison, and the name was passed down to my father, and subsequently to myself. It is not carried on in my line but 2 of my Allison cousins have sons named Russell, so it could possibly be passed down through them. Annie's father was James Russell Hutton, the same as myself, and the Russell name goes back to my ggggrandmother who was Agnes Russell born c1774. Agnes married James Hutton. I don't use this site very often Alison, and I doubt if I will use it at all when the genealogy transfers to Forcesreunited.com. If you want to contact me further send me an email to salar21 at hotmail.com (no spaces). I didn't know that your granny's brother was EEO Allison, so that makes 4 that I know of all with the same name. I would be obliged if you give me family of your gggrandfather Thomas and maybe the next generation.
    Russ

cgmc

This is really interesting! I'm searching for any info regarding my 4x great grandmother, Isabella Allison, born 1804.
    So far I have found records of her on the ship "Brothers", departed Cork 3rd Oct., 1826 arriving Australia Feb. 2, 1827. She was convicted (for pick-pocketing) on 27th March, 1825 in Omagh, Tyrone Co. to 7 years! At the time she was 21, married with one child. I would be really interested to find more info on the family she was forced to leave back. Isabella gave birth to my 3x great grandmother at sea on the way to Australia. (More info available)
    I'm wondering if your Isabel is the same person? Did she move to Ireland? Reading through the info I already have, Isabella must have had an extremely difficult and turbulent life.
    Thank you for any info!
    Carol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12