Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RUSS ALLISON

Default 1801 innkeepers in Leslie, Fife

Does anyone have any details on my ggggrandfather Robert Alison who was an innkeeper in Leslie, Fife, in 1801. He was married to Isobel Oswald and had family Robert Oswald Alison b1801, Ebenezer Alison b1802, Isabel Alison b 1804 and David Alison b1806. Robert Alison senior and son Robert became butchers in Leslie.
    The name Isobel could have changed to Isabel /Isabella or even Elizabeth over the years.
    Thanks

Donnie H

Russ

My gggggrandparents were also Robert and Isabel Allison from leslie, my line comes from their son Robert and his wife Margaret Robertson, their daughter Janet born c1838 in Leslie Fife was my gggrandmother. I know that in the 1851 census Robert and Margaret were living in New Stevenston in Lanarkshire with Janet aged 13 and their son John aged 7, also staying with them were their daughter Christina and her husband James Blyth, Robert and his son-in-law James are both Flesher's. I am assuming that the family moved from Fife between 1846 and 1851.
    Janet married Andrew Hutton in 1860 at Clarkston in Airdrie, witnesses at the wedding were William Allison and Ebenezer Allison, I also have details of a marriage for William in 1861 to Agnes Connel at Bowling Green Cottage in Airdrie, he was 26 and a widower, therefore there must have been a previous marriage, Ebenezer was a witness at the wedding, William's occupation at the time of the wedding was a hammerman, although he appears in the 1871 census as a butcher and his wife Agnes as a shopkeeper.
    There is still a butcher's shop in Main Street Coatbridge called JP&W Allison which I believe was established in 1855 by the family.
    regards
    Donnie

RUSS ALLISON

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie H View Post
    Russ

My gggggrandparents were also Robert and Isabel Allison from leslie, my line comes from their son Robert and his wife Margaret Robertson, their daughter Janet born c1838 in Leslie Fife was my gggrandmother. I know that in the 1851 census Robert and Margaret were living in New Stevenston in Lanarkshire with Janet aged 13 and their son John aged 7, also staying with them were their daughter Christina and her husband James Blyth, Robert and his son-in-law James are both Flesher's. I am assuming that the family moved from Fife between 1846 and 1851.
    Janet married Andrew Hutton in 1860 at Clarkston in Airdrie, witnesses at the wedding were William Allison and Ebenezer Allison, I also have details of a marriage for William in 1861 to Agnes Connel at Bowling Green Cottage in Airdrie, he was 26 and a widower, therefore there must have been a previous marriage, Ebenezer was a witness at the wedding, William's occupation at the time of the wedding was a hammerman, although he appears in the 1871 census as a butcher and his wife Agnes as a shopkeeper.
    There is still a butcher's shop in Main Street Coatbridge called JP&W Allison which I believe was established in 1855 by the family.
    regards
    Donnie
    Donnie,
    We're related!
    My ggrandfather was Ebenezer Alison (full title Ebenezer Erskine Oswald Alison, later to become Allison) and your Janet's elder brother.
    I've quite a lot of info on our line and will come back to you.
    Regards
    Russ

Donnie H

Thanks Russ

Nice to make contact, I will check out what information I have on the Allison's

Thanks

Donnie

tom angus

Default i am related to you both

hi russ and donnie i am related to you both my ggg grandparents were robert allison and margaret robertson who son was ebenezer erskine oswald allison who son was william robertson allison who daughter was margaret mcindoe paterson harvie allison who son was william allison angus my dad regards tom

RUSS ALLISON

Default 1801 Innkeepers in Leslie

Quote Originally Posted by tom angus View Post
    hi russ and donnie i am related to you both my ggg grandparents were robert allison and margaret robertson who son was ebenezer erskine oswald allison who son was william robertson allison who daughter was margaret mcindoe paterson harvie allison who son was william allison angus my dad regards tom
    Hello Tom and Donnie. We three have met before. Hope someone else can contribute to this thread !
    Russ

knightnurse

Smile Related??

Quote Originally Posted by RUSS ALLISON View Post
    Hello Tom and Donnie. We three have met before. Hope someone else can contribute to this thread !
    Russ

Hi, not sure if we're related or not but my Grandad was an Ebenezer Erskine Oswald Allison, my Dad is William Oswald Allison from Lossiemouth, I realise the posts were from 2009 but maybe you are still on the site. Love to hear from you.

DLK

MarkJ

If you want, you could drop Russ an email via the forum. Simply click on his name along the left side of his posts, select View Profile and from his profile you can choose to send an email via the forum. Might be useful if Russ isn't a regular viewer or doesn't have notifications enabled.

Mark

alisonbutcher

Red face Another E E O Allison relative

Ebenezer E O Allison is also a relation of mine. He is my G G grandfather. His son Thomas was my G grandfather and his daughter Lily was my Granny. I have just started researching this side of the family so would welcome any help in finding other relatives.

tom angus

Quote Originally Posted by alisonbutcher View Post
    Ebenezer E O Allison is also a relation of mine. He is my G G grandfather. His son Thomas was my G grandfather and his daughter Lily was my Granny. I have just started researching this side of the family so would welcome any help in finding other relatives.
    hi we are related but far out your thomas was my great grandfather william brother

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast