In his book From One End of the Earth to the Other.The London Bet Din, 1805-1855, and the Jewish Convicts transported to Australia, Jeremy I Pfeffer,2008,2010 Sussex Academic Press Pfeffer referred to The Russell/Davis/Solomon scam. This scam involved Henry Russell aka Davis aka Davies together with his father Phillip Russell and Henry Jacobs a dealer in cut glass of Crown Street Finsbury Square plus Judah and Joseph Solomon brothers and transported convicts to Tasmania.
I have previously posted some information on the scam on another thread related to Judah and Joseph Solomon. Judah Solomon had married Esther Russell the sister of Phillip. Henry Jacobs was also one of my Jacobs relatives and as posted on in this thread the Russell lines were to marry into my Crawcour/Jacobs/Hart/Levy paternal lines.
The scam began in 1821 by with Ann Crawcour and David Davis/Davies marrying in 1822. David Davis/Davies was a musician by 1841 or earlier and I have begun to speculate as to why Henry Russell adopted the alias of Davis/Davies. I have no proof that David Davis/Davies was related to the Russell lines and it maybe a coincidence that Henry Russell adopted the alias of Davis/Davies himself. The scam was to set up the two Solomon brothers in business and to get a Land Grant for Henry Russell aka Davis/Davies in Tasmania. How and why Henry Jacobs was involved is not known but it very clear that the Russell/Jacobs knew each other well in terms of the business deal.
Esther Russell was a sister of Moses Russell father of Henry the composer/singer. Esther had married an unknown Abrahams who had died leaving her a widow at the time of her marriage to Judah Solomon in 1805 Sheerness Kent.

It is interesting that the musical profession was adopted by Henry Russell, David Davis/Davies and his son Maurice as well as other Russell - more coincidences or family traits and links?

Phillip