Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Loves to help with queries

Default 1901 Henry Haines Maisemore

Could someone please try to find for me in 1901 Henry or Harry Haines born Maisemore age would be about 35 yrs
    Thank you Sue

Sabrina

Could this be him, living Maisemore, Glos?

RG13; Piece: 2423; Folio: 182; Page: 8:

Henry Haines 40 Labourer on farm, b Hartpury
    Elizabeth Haines 38 Westbury on Severn
    George H Haines 13 Hartpury
    Ellen Haines 8 Hartpury
    Alice M Haines 5 Hartpury
    William A Haines 7 months Hartpury

Hartpury is a neighbouring parish to Maisemore.

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Hi Tabby
    or could this be him
    Haines Harry, aged34, head, forman steel fitter, born Gloucester
    Haines Amelia, aged 40, wife, born Gloucester
    Hains Harry, aged 32, son, steel fitter
    Haines Fanny, aged 31, Daughter, dress maker

There are many more people in this household including more relatives if this is who you are looking for, got any more info, anything helps.

RG13/2431/F135
    Address: 2, Easthugh Road Gloucester.
    Robert.

Default 1901 Henry Haines

Hi
    No thats not him Sabrina the Henry you found is a cousin . Robert think you have found the right one thank you but not quite sure who the son and daughter belong to as they are neally the same ages as Harry and Amelia
    Kind regards Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby View Post
    they are neally the same ages as Harry and Amelia
    Kind regards Sue
    There are enumerator's check marks through the ages - the only one that is certain is Amelia at 40. Harry Snr ends in 4, Harry Jnr in 2 and Fanny 1 (possibly).
    They also have with them Willie, age 13, nephew; Bessie, 11, niece; Victor, 5mo, son; and Emily, 34, Sis in Law
    Andrew

Default 1901 Henry haines Maisemore

Thank you Andrew
    Kind Regards Sue

NicolaM

Default Another branch...possibly!

Hi Sue,
    Having done some research it seems that the Henry Haines that Sabrina found is my Great Great Grandfather. His daughter Alice Maud was my grandmothers mother. Legend has it that Alice (though known by her middle name Maud) married 'below her station' and was subsequently cut off by her family! Lol! The man she married was James Hamblin. My grandma seemed to think her mums family were well off as she had a memory of these very posh well dressed strangers turning up one day when she was young, then they left and she never saw them again. She always supposed it was her mothers family but we don't know for sure. Have you ever heard of anything of that nature via your branch of the family?
    Nicola

Default Henry Haines Maisemore

Hi Nicola
    Lovely to hear from you .Sorry to say but you have got a little mixed up the Henry Haines ( my Gt Grandad )with the daughter Alice Maud above cant be the one you are looking for as this Alice Maud died in 1913 aged just 18 years from T B I have her death certificate here with me now her sister Ellen died from the same thing 2 month's later aged 21 .If I can be of any help to you regarding the Haines side of your family please get in touch and I would be very happy to try to help you Were your Haines from the Hartpury Maisemore area
    Regards Sue
    Last edited by Tabby; 09-06-2014 at 8:59 PM. Reason: missed my name out

NicolaM

Hi Sue,

That's disappointing news! As my grandmother was born in 1918 and her mum died in the 50's it evidently can't be Alice! :-( I'm sure there must be connections somewhere though, or they knew each other, as Thomas Hamblin (James father) was from Maisemore. Thomas's wife Ellen was from Hartpury! So it didn't surprise me that James might have married someone from that area. Also St Giles churchyard in Maisemore has both Hamblins and Haines buried there. I've also found a record of someone with my Grandmothers name, Violet M Hamblin, and correct year of birth whose mothers maiden name was Haines. But we only know for sure that her mum was known as Maud. It just all seems too coincidental for there to be no connection. I so want to know who her mum was!

Stranger still, I found another record of a Haines marrying a Beard in 1960. Beard was my grandmas married name, but that may actually only be coincidence!! LOL!

Oh well, the plot thickens.... :-) thank you so much for replying to me!

Nicola.

Thats ok Nicola
    Leave it with me I will have a look at my Haines information see if I can come up with anything
    Sue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast