trisha

Default rourke/shaugnessy

my mother was Patricia lettitia Rourke born 1920 and my grandmother Frances(Fanny)married Kieran Shaugnessy. Any information please.

Brick wall demolition expert! ChristineR's Avatar

Do you have the marriage certificate for Fanny and Kieran?
    If you do not know Fanny's maiden name then you may need to get your mother's birth certificate to find out.
    ChristineR

trisha

Default shaughnessy/rourk

Yes I have a copy. My grandparents were married 29.11.1925 in Cloghan Co. Offaly. Grandmothers maiden name was Rourk (Frances)

When you are asking for information, we presume that you mean information about your family that will help you trace backwards. We do not help trace too far forward, as that is getting too close the 'living persons' category.

Does the marriage certificate contain any information about your grandparents which would help identify when and where they were born? Were fathers names and occupations given?

Have you found them in a 1911 census?
    (presuming that there is one, as I have no idea about Irish census years)
    ChristineR

The 1911 census is free online via the National Archives of Ireland website.

I see a 10 year old Frances Rourke, in Cloghan Town, Cloghan, King Co.
    The head is a 50 year old Patrick, he is a labourer, a widower and the father of Frances. She has a 10 year old sister, but doesn't specify twin, Maggie. Brother William is 7, sister Lily is 6.

So their mother would have died within the preceding 6 years.

All are Roman Catholic, can read and write and all were born in Kings County.
    ChristineR

trisha

Default frances rourke

Yes this definately my grandmother and her sisters. I think she may have been a twin. I didn't know she had a brother. Thank you ever so much Cristina