Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    nannyval

Default James Finlayson DAWSON

Son ALEXANDER DAWSON born 24 July 1917 in Falkirk Stirlingshire? Parents James Finlayson Dawson and Isobel Brown.Have not had any luck with placing the family in this area or in available census records. Believe mother may have died and father migrated ( maybe australia) as Alexander was bought up by "auntie nellie". Would appreciate as much help as you can give.

Very quick off the mark.

Do you have a date or place of birth for James Finlayson Dawson or Isobel Brown?

There are a lot of possibilities for James on the passenger lists but a d.o.b. would help to narrow them down.

Regards,

maggie

Knowledgeable and helpful

Hello nannyval

If you search for Isobels death on Scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Sir name Dawson
    Forename: Is*bel
    Other Surname: Brown

There are three results and this one looks like it could be yours.
    1918 DAWSON ISABELLA BROWN F 22 FALKIRK /STIRLING

You can view and download this death entry for a fee of £6 for 30 credits (this should only cost you 5 credits) which will also last a very long time so no hurry to use them.

A search of a birth for James Finlayson Dawson only brings back two results , one being in Stirling the other in Renfrew

1889 DAWSON JAMES FINLAYSON M FALKIRK BURGH /STIRLING
    1920 DAWSON JAMES FINLAYSON M GREENOCK EAST /RENFREW

The birth cert will give you his parents names and place and date of marriage

Which will / may / should ! make it easier to narrow down which one of these is yours on these two census results.........................

There are four potential James Dawsons in Stirling on the 1891 census
    and two on the 1901 census. Once you get his parents names it

Not seeing an obvious death for James but as you say may have emigrated but he also may have moved to another part of Scotland

Not forgetting to look for a potential re marriage...............

Its all there waiting for you !
    Chasing Caseys

Very long shot but may be worth checking .............there is a James F Dawson marrying in Renfrew

1919 DAWSON JAMES F GREEN JANET H L GREENOCK EAST /RENFREW

this couple may be the parents of the above James born 1920. Could be yours migrating and re marrying?

There are other plain James Dawson (s) of course in Stirling but it doesnt look like you will waste much in the way of credits to get an answer either way
    Chasing Caseys

Forgot to add James and Isabella's marriage

1915 DAWSON JAMES FINLAYSON BROWN ISABELLA ALLOA /CLACKMANNAN

Alloa may well be where Isobel , Isabella , Isabel is from or where she / they were working at the time.

As said before, its all there for the viewing and you should get all if not most of this information for your £6.

If your are not familiar with Scottish records the information is instant depending on which years you are searching (no waiting around for weeks on end for certs to arrive) they contain more information than English certs which sometimes makes it easier to move on in your research.
    scotlandspeople web site is very helpful, easy to navigate and information easy to understand.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
    Chasing Caseys

nannyval

Thank-you for your info it will help with the start of my search

nannyval

thank-you for your info most helpful and looking forward to finding more

nannyval

Tnks agin for all your valuable imput have now received copies of certificates. My how nice and easy Scottish records seem to be ! Now on the hunt for census records. Looking forward to even more happy hunting.

Its nice to get instant rewards and you can easily get carried away because of it
    Enjoy your searching
    Chasing Caseys

slippery

Default James Finlayson Lando Dawson

nannyval
    I have only just seen your query, James Finlayson Lando Dawson was the son of Alexander Dawson and Janet Finlayson Kerr. Janet was my wifes ggrandmother. I have James Army records he had his pay sent to his parents home in Falkirk.

James had a brother Thomas who died at the age of 7 drinking carbolic acid and a sister Margaret Finlayson Lando Dawson (my wifes name is Margaret Finlayson Lando Hill).
    Alexander T Dawson had a sister Isabella who died aged 4 months in May 1916.

I believe Alexander died in the south of England. I have photo's of Janet and Alexander.

If you require any more info I will sent it to you.

Peter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast