Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    v.wells

Post Obit look up for Enfield, Middlesex 1996

Where could I find online obits/newspaper for 1996 in Enfield, Middlesex?

Rose Martha Walsh nee Farrow b 26 July 1905 died Sept 1996 Enfield, Middlesex.

Thanks for any ideas. Didn't know if I should be looking at Brentwood Essex or Enfield Middlx.

Keyboard86

Quote Originally Posted by v.wells View Post
    Where could I find online obits/newspaper for 1996 in Enfield, Middlesex?

Rose Martha Walsh nee Farrow b 26 July 1905 died Sept 1996 Enfield, Middlesex.

Thanks for any ideas. Didn't know if I should be looking at Brentwood Essex or Enfield Middlx.
    Hi Vivian, as I live in the area, the local newspapers are the Enfield Gazzete, The Independent, and Enfield Advertiser, the oldest by far is the Gazzete, google it, also Southgate Town hall has a local history section, if graham dalling is still there ask for him, they keep microfilm of all old local newspapers.

Hope this helps
    Keyboard86
    ps it is Enfield, but Middlesex does not exist anymore as far as the local goverment is concerned!!
    Last edited by Keyboard86; 25-07-2009 at 7:05 PM. Reason: should be 2 ts in Gazzette!

v.wells

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard86 View Post
    Hi Vivian, as I live in the area, the local newspapers are the Enfield Gazzete, The Independent, and Enfield Advertiser, the oldest by far is the Gazzete, google it, also Southgate Town hall has a local history section, if graham dalling is still there ask for him, they keep microfilm of all old local newspapers.

Hope this helps
    Keyboard86
    ps it is Enfield, but Middlesex does not exist anymore as far as the local goverment is concerned!!
    Thank you Keyboard! I'll give it a go and see if I can find anything.

BTW my name is Vanessa

Keyboard86

Thank you Keyboard! I'll give it a go and see if I can find anything.

BTW my name is Vanessa
    SOOOOOO Sorry, utilizing wrong contact name ps, for recompence I'm a John!!

Regards
    Keyboard86

v.wells

'tis ok. People get confused sometimes but it is all on account of our brain clutter. I've had a run around the Enfield Gazette but nothing is before the current month it seems. I will keep looking at things. There may not have been an obit as it appears a lot of people don't go in for that sort of thing. Here in Canada the obits are ridiculously long it seems.

When my parents died in Devon there was no obit for either of them. I doubt anyone knew they had died except for us family members! It was a bit sad in a way.

Thanks Keyboard (I will have to keep calling you that or I'll end up more confused than I already am)

Keyboard86

To be honest, the later the years went on the "Gazzette" printed less and less obits, as I will be going to Southgate Town hall soon for my own local history research, is there any thing in particular you would like to find out about this lady.

Best regards
    Keyboard86
    Last edited by Keyboard86; 25-07-2009 at 7:43 PM. Reason: how did those blessed begging baubles get there!!

v.wells

Thanks Keyboard

Just an obit if there is one of Rose Martha Walsh died Sept 1996 age 91 yrs. Enfield. Would mention pre-deceased by her husband James Henry Bernard Walsh (I don't know when or where). Obit may mention her children John, Doreen and Kay.

In the meantime I will order death cert for her (my aunt wrote that she or James died in 1960 but not so - I can't find him anywhere and I found her in 1996) James is a cousin and was a licenced barman - victualler. I have only been looking for a number of years

So thank you for going the extra mile and looking.

Keyboard86

Thanks Keyboard

Just an obit if there is one of Rose Martha Walsh died Sept 1996 age 91 yrs. Enfield. Would mention pre-deceased by her husband James Henry Bernard Walsh (I don't know when or where). Obit may mention her children John, Doreen and Kay.

In the meantime I will order death cert for her (my aunt wrote that she or James died in 1960 but not so - I can't find him anywhere and I found her in 1996) James is a cousin and was a licenced barman - victualler. I have only been looking for a number of years

So thank you for going the extra mile and looking.
    No problem at all, do you know where Rose lived in Enfield?

Best regards
    Keyboard86

v.wells

No, BT directories only go to 1984. Info I have is from death registration. She may have lived on her own, in a home or with one of her children. D. married A. Branch and K. married a M. Makepeace (this is unconfirmed as I am trying to find them too). My Walsh rellies in Brentwood, Essex don't know anything about James, Rose or their family so are no help there. Rose was born in Stepney and James was born Pembroke, Wales. He is my g uncles son.

Rose's address will be on death certificate when it arrives in about 3 weeks!
    Last edited by v.wells; 25-07-2009 at 9:58 PM. Reason: changed birthplace for Rose

Keyboard86

Hi me again, just about to sleep!
    Did James run a pub in Enfield, whilst with Rose, if he did I have contacts who will answer all your ?s
    Best Regards
    Keyboard86

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast