Smile 1911 Census for the Canterbury Area

HI,

I am helping a friend research her family history, and would appreciate anyone with a subscription to the 1911 census, if you would kindly look at the following information for me please ........

Charles Aubrey Hopkins born 1910, living in the Canterbury area. Are his parents Henry James and Laura Hopkins?

Very grateful for you time and help.

Regards,

Carol

MarkJ

Sadly, the 1911 census is not yet available on subscription - it is pay per view only (unless things have changed in the last few days).

Mark

Keyboard86

Quote Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
    Sadly, the 1911 census is not yet available on subscription - it is pay per view only (unless things have changed in the last few days).

Mark
    Will check out
    Regards
    Keyboard86

Mutley

Sadly not Mark,

Viewing the images of the household pages uses 30 credits, which costs from £2.50 to £3.48, depending on the package of credits that you buy.

For 10 credits (which cost between 83p and £1.16, depending on the package you buy) you can view a full transcript of everyone in the household.

However, seeing as I am researching the Smith surname it has cost me a fortune to look at the wrong households. I've yet to afford to find mine

Reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by carolp View Post
    Charles Aubrey Hopkins born 1910, living in the Canterbury area.
    He wasn't born in 1910.

Births Dec 1909
    HOPKINS Charles Aubrey Canterbury 2a _29

If I were you I'd advise your friend to get the birth certificate which is the only sure way to answer the question.

georgiep

Hi Carol
    It's free to search the 1911 unless you want more info.
    Charles Aubrey is there 1yr in Canterbury.
    Click on search again, get rid of his age, first name, leave surname, Kent, Canterbury, go down to other family members & put in Charles Aubrey in first names, click search.
    It will bring up 4 more people..Caroline 69, Ellen 26, Henry 72, William 29.
    Of course, this doesn't work with a common first or second name or in a big city!
    I hope these names are of some help.

Georgie

ria2252

Hi Carol,
    I know I'm very late, but just to confirm that Georgie in his post below is quite correct. Charles Aubrey Hopkins was the son of William Albert and Ellen Hopkins. In the census mentioned the family is living with William's parents Henry and Caroline (nee Manning), who are all part of my own family tree. Pls. contact for further details.
    Maria

georgiep

Welcome aboard Maria, it's great you have found this old post, well done.
    Better late than never. Good luck, I hope you make contact.

Georgie

ria2252

Thumbs up Thanks ref. post from 2009

Quote Originally Posted by georgiep View Post
    Welcome aboard Maria, it's great you have found this old post, well done.
    Better late than never. Good luck, I hope you make contact.

Georgie
    Big thanks Georgie, I'll keep my fingers crossed!
    All the best, Maria